Chapter 2

(Idk who drew the picture, found it on Pinterest)

Sonic felt like an idiot. He had tripped. Again. He had fallen on a bunch of sharp little rocks. "Ugh." He grumbled as he pulled a tiny rock out of his shoulder. "Ow." He complained, "I'm starting to think I should just give up and let them drag me back to Mobotropolis." He muttered as he leaned back against the tree he was sitting in front of. "I'd probably get injured about ten times less." He looked at his ankle. "The swelling got worse." He mumbled as he gently grabbed his ankle. He stifled a yell, just lightly touching it made it feel like an elephant had sat on his ankle. "Running must've made it worse." He thought aloud, tears pricking at his eyes. "It hurts." He was about to try to stand when out of nowhere a red blur flew by, five seconds later, Shadow stood in front of Sonic. "Hey, Shadow." Sonic greeted quietly, grateful that it wasn't Sleet or Dingo, or Eggman, or Metal Sonic

"What'd you do?" Shadow asked plainly, gesturing to Sonic's ankle

He looked at his ankle. "I tripped while running at full speed, and then I fell into a cave. Then I was almost kidnapped, and then I ran, and tripped again."

"How stupid can you get?" Shadow grumbled

All of a sudden, yelling was heard. "Sleet and Dingo," Sonic mumbled as he tried to stand. "I'd ask you for help, but you hate me, so I'll save my breath."

Shadow rolled his eyes and grabbed Sonic's arm. "Chaos Control!" Less than a second later, Sonic and Shadow were in a small wooden house deep in the woods

Shadow pulled a chair over to Sonic "Did you just-" Sonic began as he sat

"No."

"Help-"

"I did not." Shadow interrupted as he looked around for something to wrap Sonic's ankle with

"Me?"

"Nope."

"You totally did."

"Tell. No. One." Shadow found some bandages.

"So you don't hate me."

"I strongly dislike you."

"You don't hate me."

"I'm very close to hating you."

"I thought you hated me."

"I feel like this is a very one-sided conversation for both of us."

"No you don't understand, you just literally saved my life." Shadow gave Sonic a confused look "Egghead is planning to rebuilt Dr.Robotnik's Roboticizer. He was going to use me to test it."

Shadow held up the bandages "This is going to hurt." He said as he started to wrap Sonic's ankle. He glanced up every so often "You can cry if it hurts, I won't judge."

Sonic had been biting his lip. "I don't cry in front of people." He muttered, trying to keep it in

"As long as you don't cry loud, I don't care, I won't bother you about it."

"Nah in fine," Sonic mumbled, even though his eyes were teary. "It doesn't even hurt that much."

"Sure." Shadow looked up again "So, who are 'Sleet and Dingo'?"

"Bounty Hunters." Shadow raised an eyebrow "I didn't do anything bad... You know how Robotnik sent two bounty hunters after the royal triplets when he was in control of Mobius?"

"Yes."

"Weeeeeelll....."

"Let me guess, you're the oldest triplet, and you ran away from home because you didn't want to be king, but now four years after you ran off, Sleet, Dingo, and your family have found you, and that's why you were running around for two hours before you tripped?"

"I was running for two hours?"

"I'll take that as a yes." Shadow stood up and walked over to a fridge in the corner of the room. He grabbed some ice from the icebox and put it in a bag. "Put this on your ankle. It'll reduce the swelling."

"Thanks." Sonic replied as Shadow handed him the bag of ice

"Are you able to get the rocks out of your arm, or do I need to do that too?"

Sonic looked at his arm, the sharp rocks were still stuck in his arm. "No, I just need some tweezers or something."

"I think I have some tweezers. I'll be right back, no snooping."

"Got it..."

Shadow ran into the other room and ran back with a small pair of tweezers. "Here."

-----

"Sooooniiiiiic?" Sonia called as she and Manic looked for Sonic

"Sonia, if he hears us coming, he's gonna run." Manic pointed out

"Good point."

-----

"So, why do you live all the way out here in the woods?" Sonic asked

"It's quieter, and no one can find me out here." Shadow replied as he stood up, walked over to the fridge and grabbed a soda "Do you want one?"

"Sure."

Shadow grabbed another soda, walked back over to Sonic and handed it to him. "Here."

"Thanks." Sonic replied as he took the soda and opened it

"I do actually have a question about your house."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why is it on the beach, if you can't swim?"

Sonic laughed quietly "It's Tails' house, I just live there, I have a closet in the back of the house with my stuff in it, old photos, old gifts, a camera, lots of old sneakers." Sonic answered "Nothing interesting to most people, but important to me. Like my medallion... Oh crap."

"What?"

"Manic never gave me my medallion backs after he got it back from Eggman!" Sonic exclaimed, "he still has it!"

"And that's bad how?"

"I can't get it back without my family dragging me back to Mobotropolis."

"Hm."

"Sonia was right." Sonic sighed "I'm such an idiot."

"You could just go back willingly." Shadow said calmly. "Then run away again after your ankle heals and you get your medallion back."

"I could. But I wouldn't be able to come back here, it'd be the first place they'd look."

"Hideout in the Green Hill Zone for a few months, then come back to Bygone Island. That way, they'll have looked over the entire island, and won't look here again."

"How do you know how to avoid people that are looking for you?"

"You learn when you want to be left alone."

"But, I could also tell them about Eggman's plan to rebuild the roboticizer!" Sonic exclaimed

"That would work to." Shadow shrugged "But what about after you stop Eggman, they'll drag you back once you guys stop him."

"I'll just leave again, maybe I'll go to the Green Hill Zone, maybe the Windy Hill Zone, I don't know. But I'm not going home."