So You Think

(Took almost an hour to eat breakfast. Everyone wanted to pet Pepperjack lol) 

He hadn't meant to fall asleep. Actually, he hadn't meant to try to track down Del, or mess with that scary guy from the club. I don't want any of this. Mina whined in his head as he began to awaken. It was obvious by the strong scents that he was in the bed Del and Buck shared. 

As soon as his stiff limbs began to obey him, he pushed himself up, fighting with the heavy blanket until he was able to throw it back and take a gasp of fresh air. Panting quietly, Mina looked around the room, squinting slightly when he glanced out of the slanted window above the bed. 

It's morning. God, I slept with him all night. 

He was just moving to climb out of the big bed when he felt a strong arm wrap around his waist and pull him backward against a hard chest that was partially covered by the blanket. Without thinking Mina squeaked out a growl, drawing a deep chuckle from Del. 

Tilting his head back, Mina bared his teeth up at him as he looked down, having scooted back a bit to sit up. 

"Good morning, kitten. Shouldn't you be singing my praise for not locking you in the crate all night for annoying me, again?" Del asked, a smirk on his face as he lifted his eyebrows sarcastically. 

"Lock me in the damn crate next time my idiot shift decides to find you." He said, elbowing Del in the side so that he could sit back up. 

Before he could move any further he felt a big hand ruffling his already-messy mop of hair and huffed, sending a glare over his shoulder. 

"Your kitten is so much nicer than you. It was ogling me while I was stripping in the forest. It knew what it wanted." He said, drawing a chuckle from the man who had been sleeping beside him. 

Seemingly spurred on by the laugh, Del grinned and began moving toward Mina, the action making the blanket slip from where it had been settled around his belly. 

No. Nope! Mina thought as he scrambled from the bed, stumbling right onto the carpet before his lion abruptly took over. 

No! No, let me switch back! This isn't fair! 

His kitten immediately tried to run right into Del's arms, but Mina focused as hard as he could and managed to stop himself after taking three restrained steps forward. 

He is not going to be our mate! He's a horrible person. Wake up you stupid cat! He yelled at his shift, who just sent a hiss through his mind as it fought him harshly for control. 

"Oh? Looks like you can finally resist him a little?" Del said as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and leaned forward, reaching out a hand. 

"Come here, Claws. You know you want me." He teased. 

Of course, Mina's kitten didn't care in the least that he was intentionally being goaded. He loved that Del wanted to offer him any kind of attention. His minuscule control slipped in seconds as his lion gleefully bounded up into Del's arms. 

"Del, why do you torture that poor boy?" Buck asked as he finally rolled over at the same time Del turned toward him, crossing his legs on the bed. 

He shrugged, holding Mina's kitten up with a grin. "I don't know. If I have to deal with his little fuzzy self stalking me all the time, I might as well have fun with his human form, right?" He said as he noticed Mina's eyes glaring at him through his lion's. 

Buck sighed and shook his head before getting out of bed and nodding toward the bathroom. 

"Go shower. You two snuggling together all night got you sweaty." He said as he began tugging on a pair of dress pants. "I'll take care of things for a while."