Retraining

Fumbling out of his nest of blankets, Mina stretched and looked around the dull room. It had been days since he'd seen anyone but Del, which was odd. He'd thought that Buck had been attached to the guy at the hip, yet he'd disappeared when Magnus had. 

I hope he didn't eat him. I kinda liked that deer. 

Mina stumbled down onto the floor and then walked over to the bed. He'd made one heck of a mess the night Del had bought him Chinese food, but boy had it been good... and all his. Well, his and Del's, though the guy didn't eat much, especially for someone with such a big shift. He felt a nudge at the back of his mind from him at the thought, but no words came through their bond. 

Is he in another meeting? Or setting up a kill...? 

The latter thought made him uneasy. 

It is none of your concern what I am doing right now, came Del's response. 

Are you planning a hunt right now? I'll claw your bed if you don't come up here, Mina threatened as he scrambled up onto it. 

You claw my bed and I'll claw your behind. 

The threat had Mina flattening his ears to the side of his head as he walked over and sat his butt on one of Del's pillows. 

I'm gonna fart on your pillow. 

It was beyond a childish threat, if one at all, but the snort of laughter he heard in his mind in response had him tilting his head. I didn't know you knew how to laugh without it being psychotic. 

Hey, I have a sense of humor, you brat. 

Mina licked at a paw, then stretched out on one of Del's pillows. 

Do you now? It must have gone missing for a long time. 

There was a grumble in the back of his mind in response, but Mina just twitched his whiskers and glanced at the closed door. 

Can I come out of this room when you're done? I've been stuck in here for way too long. 

He was getting cabin fever, hardcore. Being someone who rarely stayed in one place for long, and who often ran away from home just to get some peace and solitude, being holed up in Del's little apartment-like area was making him uncomfortable. 

No. 

Grumbling, Mina stood up and began to kneed at the pillow he was on, making little claw marks. 

I want to go outside, Del. 

There was silence from Del's end, making Mina bristle and hop off the bed. His tail was somewhat mobile now, so, hopefully, he'd be able to shift soon and let himself out. He limped around the room for about an hour when he heard someone at the door. 

Come on, be Buck. I'll even take Magnus... maybe. 

Of course, his prayers weren't answered and Del stalked through the door, shutting it quickly behind himself. 

"What is this shit I keep hearing in my mind about you wanting Buck or Magnus here? I've been feeding you, changing your bandages, and keeping you perfectly safe," Del growled as he stalked toward his dresser, removing his suit-coat and dress shirt in the process and tossing them into a hamper before grabbing a clean pair of boxers. 

Refusing to stare, Mina turned his back as Del headed for the bathroom to rinse off, like he did every day after returning from work. 

"I know you like what you see, Mina. You can stare all you want until you shift... then I get my fill."