Underneath

(Sooo, I've been extremely sick (hence no updates for a long time.) Feeling much better recently, though updates won't get too much faster since I'm starting a new job tomorrow on evening shift. Figured I'd get something up for this before bed tonight since it's been so long.) 

The sound of the door quietly clicking shut brought Mina out of a light sleep. His leg and backside were finally close to mended and he was able to walk around well enough... when Del let him. The guy had gotten surprisingly dominant. Or really, more dominant, but in a different way. His previous demeanor had slowly changed, but he'd gotten almost stiflingly more protective. At least of Mina's backside. He hadn't even tried to have sex with him again since he'd accidentally hurt him a little just by touching the area on Mina's human form. 

"What are you looking at, Claws?" 

Del's grumble made Mina grin as he nuzzled into the blankets more. They smelled like a mixture between him and Del, and while he hated to admit it, he loved the scent they made together. 

"Your naked body," he finally replied, not seeing any reason to try and lie since Del could pretty much hear most of his thoughts, anyways. His lion shift probably had something to do with that, but he'd gotten used to it.  

Del had shrugged out of his crisp white work shirt and tossed it on the back of a chair in the corner, then removed his pants before stopping by the bathroom door with just a dark pair of boxers on. 

Mina bit back saying any of the suggestive things his lion wanted him to, but the smirk forming on Del's lips told him that he'd heard his thoughts loud and clear. 

"Not yet," he simply replied before walking into the bathroom and shutting the door most of the way. 

Mina grunted out a breath and rolled over to press his face into the pillow. He expected Del to take a shower like he normally did when he came back from work, but instead, the guy was sliding into bed with his laptop a few moments later. 

Put some clothing on. 

His mental groan just made Del's grin grow wider as he got himself comfortable propped up against the pillows, then patted his chest. 

I hate you. 

Even though he thought those words, Mina's body moved on its own accord and was soon settled against him. Feeling Del's left hand settle against his back as his arm cradled him close was both heaven and hell. 

"Just accept it, Claws," Del said as he started clicking through documents on his laptop with his free hand. Mina didn't bother paying much attention as he settled his head beneath Del's chin, but as he noticed what the guy was going through on his computer, and how big the numbers on the screen actually were, his eyes grew wide and he sat up slightly. 

"You have that much money saved up?" he asked, looking back at Del with a disbelieving expression on his face. 

Del simply raised one eyebrow and continued to navigate on his laptop with the touch-pad mouse. 

"This is just one account," he replied nonchalantly, making Mina's eyes go wider.          

He couldn't fathom ever needing such a huge sum, let alone having more

"Why are you still doing all of this," Mina said, gesturing to the building around them, "when you could just retire and live easily for the rest of your life?" he asked. 

Instead of responding, Del just tightened his one-armed hold around Mina's back and continued with what he was doing on his computer. 

You are infuriating sometimes.