Leash Laws

(The comment section has gotten kind of quiet :o) 

Calm the fuck down!

Del's arms were shaking as he held out Mina's unconscious cub toward the doctor he often kept on call. Thankfully, the man was still there, having needed to stay a little longer to deal with some paperwork. Unfortunately for Del, even though he was in his human form, he couldn't speak at all. His wolf just switched between whining and growling as he nudged the cub into the man's arms. 

"What happened, sir?" The man said as he carried the little lion into an X-ray room. 

After quickly dawning the protective gear, he snapped a few shots, then brought Mina out to settle on an exam table. It was clear that the tail was broken, but the leg was a toss up. 

It might just have a nasty bruise, or a fracture. 

Those things would heal much easier than a broken bone.

The doctor disappeared for a moment to retrieve the X-rays, then hung them up on one of the his light-boards to examine the results. He was silent for several moments as he went through each picture, but the images didn't look good. 

When the doctor turned toward him, Del tried to calm his wolf's growing worry. 

"Well, his back leg is broken. It's clean, but it needs to be splinted and then wrapped. That can be done when he's either human or lion... but the tail." 

He knew exactly what a broken tail meant, and Mina would throw an absolute fit about it the second he was awake again. 

Let me have control, wolf. I need to come back so that we can help Mina. Del told his shift. He wasn't used to it ever splitting from his own conscious. The second he had felt Mina's pain through their bond he had managed to return to his own mind and shift back to his human form, but his wolf still refused to relinquish control. 

I know you're worried about him, but we'll be able to help him much better if I can talk to the doctor. He's going to need to ask questions and I can't answer them with you in control. He told it as calmly as he could. He wasn't used to having to be nice, but he had absolutely no choice in the matter right then. 

"Are you able to talk right now, sir?" 

Let me out, please. 

When his wolf still refused and shook his head, the doctor frowned. 

See if you can get his phone and call Buck. You know he'll do anything he can to help us, and in turn, help Mina. 

His wolf nodded his human head as it looked around. Spotting the doctor's cell phone on a table, he walked over to it and held it up to the man. Catching onto the hint, the man ran over and unlocked his phone, then put it on the keypad for dialing. 

You know his number. Get Buck on the phone, then hand it to the doctor. 

He did as told, waiting until he heard Buck pick up on the other end of the line before handing the phone the doctor with a nod. There was a brief conversation about him and Mina before the man hung up with a reassured smile on his face. 

"Alright, that cleared up a few things. I'm going to get your friend into surgery and fix him up. Go ahead and take a seat and I'll bring him back out once he's all set." The doctor said with a smile as he carefully began to wheel Mina's prone form away. 

It took everything in him to keep his wolf from moving his human body into the surgical room, but he somehow managed. 

You did what you needed to. Let me take over, please.