prologue

June 5th, 2019

"Hey... I'm not going here next year...", Morales said. "You've been a good friend, Tyler"

"You're getting all sentimental on me dude. You high?", i said.

"That doesn't matter right now. How about a little something?... Hug?"

"Bro that's gay", I said, "lmao"

"Dude. Be serious for once...", he wrapped his arms around me.

About five seconds in, I said, "hey... you could let go now..."

"No...", I let him do his thing. "...Yes, I am gay. And I like you. Just thought you'd like to know... well, I guess I'll see you... someday", he smiled.

For the first time ever, tears welled my eyes. The idea of 'never' was my weakness. It hurt me, that everything has a last time. And sometimes you never know. "Someday, man..."

"Oh don't cry...", he hugged me, and I collapsed into his chest.

"Don't ever forget me, man..."

"I promise I wont"

"Promise?"

"Promise.", he held my shoulders in place. And smiled down at me. He was pretty tall, had a soft face. Shaggy brown hair. "I love you"

"Okay! That's gay!", I laughed.

"Haha, thought so", and we stood there, eyes locked onto eachother. It hurt that this was the last time.

"Out of state, eh?"

"Texas"

"Damn. That's more yeehaw than offbrand South Carolina"

"Lmao. I'll miss you so much...", Morales said.

"I'll miss you too... see you... someday", he smiled at me as he walked out those double doors. "Wait", I ran out the doors, but he was lost in the crowd. It was rainy.

Dammit, I'm more devastated than I wished. "Fuck, get ahold of yourself, Tyler", I whispered.

I saw my car and went to it.

This book was a bit of a surprise to me lmao. Literally thought of it last night. If ya liked it, vote!