Arc 1.5: The Actor

"Has Marlene looked for any works for him?" Axel asked after a few minutes as he looked at the picture on his computer. The boy on the picture had really pale skin and deep blue eyes.

"She is taking him to the audition for a new TV drama called Serenity by Director Kim today" Max answered as he inwardly sniggered at his friend's obvious interest in the boy while feeling guilty at Kade because he knew Axel was going to be a beast. 

"Ok, send her some other scripts from the diamond pile." Axel said as he saved the picture, unbothered by the the fact that he was giving a new actor works from the Diamond contracts pile.

"Understood" Max said as he made a mental note on it. That boy has unknowingly attracted a golden tight by bumping into it, Max sighed.

Meanwhile the unaware Kade was arriving at the audition venue with Marlene and Olivia. 

The audition hall was packed by the time Kade and the girls arrived. After Kade received his audition number Olivia quickly went in search for a vacant seat. Looking around at the people taking the auditions, Kade saw Caroline seated by a window with her manager by her side. She was wearing a pink lace dress with her hair down in curls, her tick eyelashes covering her blue eyes giving her a clean and pure image.

"tsk, that hypocritical bitch" Kade said.

[She has the number before ours. I wonder what face she'll do when she sees you and when she fails the audition?] 101 said as she laid on Kade's shoulder, licking her paws, invisible to everyone but Kade.

While 101 and Kade discussed about Caroline, Olivia had returned after finding a seat and motioned Kade and Marlene to follow her to it. Kade and the girls where about to reach the seat but where stopped a few feet away by a man as he looked down on the in contempt.

"That seat is ours, besides it's clear as day that you are here only to try your miserable luck, Marlene. I advise you to not try to make a comeback because you'll only ruin yourself even more" he said in a mocking tone as he glanced at Kade in disdain and waved two girls over. Kade watched the man in amusement as the girls walked towards them. 

The man was in his early thirties, he was handsome with his grey eyes and his black hair lazily combed back. He was wearing silver glasses, a standard black suit on and a silver watch. The two girls where beautiful, but Kade's eyes stayed on the girl on the right because of what 101 had just said. 

[Her name's Meili Liang, the Original Villainess.] 101 said.

Looking at Meili, Kade didn't see any trace of being a villain on her. She was wearing a white long sleeve lace dress and had her black hair down in gentle waves. She had big hazel doe eyes that where framed by thick eyelashes and full pink lips. Her whole aura screamed calmness and gentleness.

"She doesn't strike me as the Villain type" Kade said to 101. "I mean, look at her. She looks as serene and gentle as you would expect a young woman that is content with her life." 

[According to the plot, because both the Lockwood and Liang families are long time friends, Meili and Ace where engaged to each other when they where in their teens. Meili was a calm and gentle woman in the beginning but she ends up blackening because of Caroline and Ace's romantic involvement. She started to bully Caroline at first but then it escalated until she ended up trying to kill Caroline by running her over with her car. Caroline survived thanks to her protagonist halo and Meili is thrown into jail by Ace where she dies by being stabbed to death while her family ends up in ruins because of Caroline instigating Ace to get revenge for her] 101 said. 

"That cliche?" Kade asked.

[That cliche] 101 said, nodding her head. 

Stopping an angry Olivia from retorting, Marlene sighed and looked the man in his eyes "Jack, I'm not going to argue with you, besides we are not competing for the same role. This time I'll be the better person and wish you luck." Marlene said calmly as she motions Olivia to search for another seat and turns to walk back, leaving a speechless Jack. Following Marlene with his eyes, Kade felt respect for her. Not everyone would be that calm and dismissive in front of someone who is clearly provoking you.