( chapter four )

( I WAS JUST CHECKING )

WHEN CHERRY WALKED INTO THE OFFICE AFTER HER DAY OFF, IT WAS WEIRD TO SEE TONY WAITING AT HER DESK. He was leaning on the front edge, flirty chat spilling from his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. Cherry made sure to give him an odd look before settling herself in the comfy chair she had, tucking her purse underneath the desk and brushing some stray cat hair off of her pants.

"Good morning, Mr. Stark," Cherry smiled at him. She would have called him Tony, but she could see Obadiah approaching from the left and she would be damned if she was caught being unprofessional around that man. "Mr. Stane, how can I help you both?"

Tony looked at her, then at Obadiah, then motioned for the older man to go first. Even at Obadiah's strange look that flitted between them, he still opened his mouth and asked if Cherry could cancel his appointments today because something came up. She nodded, smiled, then wished him a good day with a smile on her face. Tony was fidgeting by the time Obadiah had fully left, making Cherry ignore him for that much longer as she logged into the Stark Industries server to be able to cancel Obadiah's meetings. She made sure to click onto his schedule and have the first appointment opened up before turning to the billionaire that was tapping his fingers on the desk. 

"Tony, how can I help you?" 

Tony, who was watching his fingers tap against the sleek desk, looked up at the question and a smirk appeared on his face. Cherry raised her eyebrows at him, watching as he checked the expensive watch on his wrist before he was giving her a look. "Coffee. We're going for some. You don't mind, do you, Renee?" 

"Of course not, Mr. Stark," the other receptionist told him, clicking on something before her fingers typed quickly across the keyboard to change it. Cherry sent her a smile, giving her shoulder a thankful squeeze before she was getting up and following Tony out of the lobby, purse back on her shoulder. 

She greeted Happy when she climbed into the car beside Tony, smiling at the driver cheerily, now that she was going to get some caffeine in her system. Cherry herself could feel the headache from not having a sip of coffee already, so she was more than glad that Renee hadn't minded that Tony stole her. Even if the only reason she probably did was because he was technically their boss. 

"So, how do you take your coffee?" Tony asked, where his eyes were on his phone, furrowing his eyebrows on what was on the small screen before he was turning back to Cherry. "Let me guess, something sugary sweet, like you, sugar." 

Cherry rolled her eyes, before she was shaking her head and running a hand through her hair, "At this point, I'd take it black just to get some into my body. But I generally have a little bit of cream in it."

Tony was tapping on his phone now, which made Cherry feel the slightest bit awkward. Did she have to repeat herself? She'd rather not, if it could be prevented. It was annoying always having to repeat yourself to people, but if Tony asked her what she said, she would most-likely tell him an abridged version.