eighttt

note: I decided to change Clown Carnival to just the carnival as it sounded childish and I'm really out of ideas for names.

Mark and JM has just set foot into the carnival. Lights were flickering and the famous red and yellow tents were badly torn. Nevertheless, there were quite a few handful of people playing the games there, from the bottle throw to bumper cars. It seemed like those stereotypical carnivals where there were games and magicians all 'round. JM's eyes shined with excitement. I mean, like a literal kid. Mark didn't want to lose control of his new found 'powers' so he held JM's arm , and oh boy was that a bad idea. JM ran all over the place and luckily, he wasn't knocking down all those poor people who just wanted a prize. He finally stopped at the biggest tent and he started jumping non-stop.

"Stop it! People are watching us!" Mark whispered loudly for JM to hear. He simply stopped and nervously apologising to random people passing by but they might just be thinking, why on earth is a grown man wearing his pj's outdoors?

"Roll up, roll up! Boys and girls of all ages, come and witness our all-time favourites! We have The Host, our very own fortune-teller, the Magnificent Marvin the Magician and the mysterious Jameson Jackson!" the ringmaster shouted. Huge posters started showing the three. The first one, The Host, had a pinkish/reddish bandage over his eyes and had a very stiff look. He was absolutely scary from the sight of it.

Upon looking on the first poster, Mark too apparently gasped as he knew The Host's jawline was exactly the same. But he shouldn't be this shocked; he saw many of his other egos already. JM, on the other hand, was making his 5-year-old face again and he rose about 3 feet off the ground. Fortunately, Mark was able to pull him back down and no one noticed or else, it would be a huge problem. He made a death stare towards JM and he quickly looked down to his toes. Mark raised his head to the posters and double-gasped at the poster JM was previously pointing to, totally ignoring the incident. Just remove the mask,dye his hair black, add a moustache and a bowler hat. Presto! He is the famous Jameson Jackson.

For the second poster though, they were not quite sure. The person had a cat-shaped mask and green hair that was tied into a bun. He also had a sinister smile and glowed green. Mark knew he had seen that glow before. It already happened twice and he didnt want to experience it again. When JM was walking towards the carnival. Mark shuddered and simply tapped JM on the shoulder to leave the area.

The nearest 'attraction' they could go to was Jameson Jackson. Mark wasn't that excited though as it was a silent show but, it would at least make JM happy to meet another one of his ego friends after that fateful 'incident'. After all, JM was the only ego he had seen so far so it would totally be interesting to see more. JM used his speed again to follow the signs towards his fellow ego, dragging poor Mark on the muddy grass and this time, he did knock something—no, even better, someone. And that someone, you might be wondering, is actually Jameson Jackson himself! Quite predictable actually, being the person he is. The show has not started yet so Jameson was walking around, just the usual carnival rounds. Mark let go of JM and rushed to help Jameson up. JM didn't really care that much, he just had a huge slap of reality against his face and slowly stood up, eyes gazed upon the showman.

"I'm really sorry. My friend here is just a little excited. I can't stop h-" Mark was cut short when Jameson did a little gesture. He raised his hand, palm facing Mark and JM, indicating his turn to speak. Next, he curved his right palm over his left palm. Mark took five good seconds to finally realise it. JM made a quizzed look and asked him what it meant. Although he literally lived with Jameson for probably three years(it's kinda different in this current universe), he still couldn't understand sign language.

"Oh! He says he forgives us," Mark explained. Jameson showed a sincere smile towards the both of them. But the moment he saw JM, his expression changed. You might be expecting silent screaming and super excited gestures like some crazy man, but no, of course. He simply walked up to JM, eyes filling with tears, spread his arms wide and gently wrapped them around JM. The love and affection was too real between the two of them.

"They must be great pals," Mark thought in his head, smiling.

"Oh yes we are," Mark bulged his eyes and jumped.

"Wait, what the fuck?! JM, was that you?" Mark shouted. He was so loud, it was his turn for heads to swivel. Mark went so red that the superhero quickly decided to pick Jameson and Mark up to a secluded place. Mark was having the shock of his life. He huffed one last deep breath and shifted his body towards JM.

"How much have you read?"