FIFTEEN

~1493 words

————

It's been a few days and I've avoided Jeongguk as much as possible. Therefore, I've been spending most of my time with Jimin, but what else is new. We had a little chat about what we are and we concluded that we might be a bit more than fuck buddies, but we haven't really put a label on it yet. I think he has picked up on the fact that I'm a bit hesitant. Thankfully, he hasn't pushed the idea.

Today, I have to train with Jeongguk again and I'm not prepared for the kind of awkwardness that is bound to ensue.

"Hey, Jagi?" I hear from behind me.

"Yeah?" I turn around to face Jimin and I watch as he stuffs his hands in his pockets and smiles, making me smile, too.

"Before you go," he walks over to me and leans forward connecting our lips in a soft kiss. "Would you maybe want to go out tonight?"

I raise an eyebrow. "You mean like a date?"

He shrugs and bites his lip. "If that's what you want." He looks at me with a hopeful look on his face.

I nod eagerly, a wide smile gracing my lips. "Yes, please."

"Okay," He chuckles and kisses my lips again. "Meet me out in the front yard tonight after your training."

"Okay," I say excitedly, the smile on my face getting even wider.

"Go before you're late. You don't want to make Jeongguk mad," he chuckles. The mention of his name makes my smile quickly disappear.

I walk down to the basement and immediately something doesn't feel right. I hear quiet sobs and strained squeaks coming from someone's mouth. My stomach twists and turns at the thought of the man I've grown quite fond of crying.

I rush down the stairs to find Jeongguk on the floor, tears pooling at his feet. I hurry over and drop down beside him, rubbing his back gently to try and calm him.

"What happened?" I ask, worriedly.

"Y-Yeonjun," He looks up at me with tear stained cheeks. "They t-took Yeonjun from me."

My eyes widen and anger suddenly rips through me. "Why would someone take him away from you?"

He shoved me away from him and stands up. "It was your father! Your people took him from me."

I stand up slowly. "Jeongguk, you know I don't control what they do. I would never have let this happen."

He growls and starts walking towards me angrily. "If we wouldn't have taken you in, none of this would have happened."

I start taking steps backward. "Jeongguk...I'm sorry," I whimper, tears starting to pull at my eyes.

The look in his eyes only darkens though. "It's your fault!" He backs me up into a wall and grabs my shoulders. "Yeonjun is my only reason to live! Don't you understand that?!" He shakes me hard, making the back of my head slam against the wall a couple times.

I disregard the pain and start pushing at his chest. "I'm sorry!" I scream, tears starting to fall from my eyes now.

He stops shaking me, but holds onto my shirt tightly. He rests his head on my chest and starts sobbing again.