TWENTY

~1446 words

____

"Wake up, sleepyheads," a voice whispers into my ear, making me shift a bit in my sleep. I feel Jeongguk shift onto his side and rest his head on my shoulder, his nose rubbing up against my neck. I smile in my sleep and lean my head against his, still keeping my eyes closed. "Aw, how cute," I've recognized the voice to be Yeonjun now and a few moments later he decides to shout, "Jinnie, come look!"

My eyes fly open and I try to sit up, but the pain in my abdomen makes me fall back into the pillows, groaning in pain. "Shit," I grit my teeth.

Jeongguk chuckles beside me and cuddles into me more. "Ignore him. Sleep with me."

I shake my head. "I need Jin, actually. I'm sure my bandages need to be changed. They're getting to be uncomfortable."

He hums, still half asleep.

"Which means you'll have to get off me, Kook."

He smiles into my neck. "I like when you call me that."

"Jeongguk," I say in a warning tone.

He groans and rolls over slightly, resuming his sleep.

"What is it?" Jin comes into the room with a box of medical equipment, his glasses sitting on the tip of his nose.

"Ooh, Seokjin, you look cute in glasses," I coo.

He chuckles. "First, it's Jin, and second, I'm taken, sorry." He shrugs and walks over to me. "Now, let's see here." He flips the blankets up and pulls my tank top up a bit to reveal the bandaged area. "It looks like the blood is starting to seep through."

I sigh. "I got startled by Yeonjun's yelling and jerked my body a little."

He nods. "Let's change the bandage." He pulls out the material he used to wrap me up and cuts out a good amount. He cuts the bandage I currently have on open and slides it off me. "I'm gonna need you to arch your back a little for me. It's gonna hurt a little, but it won't last for long."

I push my stomach up in the air a little and grunt at the pain. He quickly wraps the bandage around my body and pulls at it to make sure it's tight, making me groan quietly. He tapes it down and pulls my shirt back down over it. "I think you need to stay in bed today. Do you want me to take you to your room?"

"No," Jeongguk sleepily comments from beside me.

I chuckle. "Guess not."

Jin laughs. "Remember, don't move too much."

I nod. "Okay."

"And take the kid with you, will ya? I wanna sleep some more and I can't with him bothering me," Jeongguk groans.

Jin grabs Yeonjun by the arm and pulls him out of the room, Yeonjun whining the whole time and closes the door behind him.

As soon as the door closes, Jeongguk flips back over and looks at me. "When did you get in my bed last night?"