TWENTY FIVE

~1491 words

____

"You're what?" I ask, my eyes widening at his suggestion.

"I'm gonna get you out of here."

I let out a brief, humorless laugh. "And go where?"

He shrugs. "Wherever you want. I can take you out of the country or just find you your own place. Whatever makes you feel safer."

"I-I can't Hobi! I have unresolved issues here and if my father knew he would drag me back to live with him-"

"Y/N," he puts his hands on my shoulders. "I know that deep down you want to leave. You're not meant for this life. Not that you aren't good at it, but you need to do something you truly love to do for once. Follow your heart. And I don't think your heart leads to a mafia."

I sigh. "You're right, but I can't just leave Jeongguk. I think I might have feelings for him."

Hoseok looks down. "Y/N, you have to understand that when you're in a mafia, bad things happen to you everyday. We can't ever be with someone that isn't in our mafia with us. I think Jimin was throwing himself at you because he needed someone and when you joined, whether he realizes it or not, he saw it as an opportunity to finally have someone by his side." He frowns. "That's just how we are. Namjoon and Jin are together. I think Yoongi and Tae are building something. Even if they weren't gay at one point, they've found each other because they need that. When you're here you need that sort of support. I honestly believe that if you're taken out of the equation, Jimin will go back to normal and Jeongguk will be able to focus."

I smile sadly. "Hobi, are you thinking about murdering me."

He laughs. "No, but I think you should go live your life. Find someone who loves you and doesn't have to put their work first. Find someone who doesn't have to kill people. Take yourself out of this life and put yourself in a better one. You deserve that."

I nod. "Okay, then I think I want to move to America. I've always wanted to move there."

Hoseok smiles and nods. "I can get you a plane ticket today and a house to move into before you get there. I do jobs like this all the time. I can make sure you're safe."

"Okay, thank you Hobi," I bite my lip to keep myself from smiling.

I'm finally able to move away from all of this and create my own life. I can finally find myself and be happy.

"You're leaving?" a small voice whispers behind me. 

Hobi looks at me and nods, telling me to turn around.

Standing behind me is Jeongguk. "Why?"

"I'm gonna let you guys have some privacy," Hobi says, walking outside.

I look into Jeongguk's eyes. "I've never belonged here. This is where I want to be. I want to explore the world and find what I love. I don't even know how to be myself because I've been too focused on living for other people. You have to understand that living here with you guys hasn't really helped."

Jeongguk shakes his head. "We helped you get away from your father. We let you do other jobs that you wanted to do."

"Jeongguk, I never wanted to do other jobs. All I wanted was to feel like I wasn't being used. I hated how everyone thought I could only do one thing. If I leave I can truly find what I'm meant to do and what I love. Don't you understand?"

He places his hands on my shoulders. "I don't want you to leave," tears are now staining his face.

"Please don't cry," I whisper as my own tears are starting to form. I reach forward and wipe some of his tears away. "I need to get away from here. For a while it was nice. Then it started feeling like I was back with my father again. Jimin raped me, no one believed me, and everyone stopped talking to me. I finally think I'm at the point where I understand that I don't deserve this treatment."