TW🏀

"Sasha SwedenBurg"

Hearing her name being called from the front, Sasha lifted her head up from the graffiti filled desk to see the teacher passing out worksheets. She twisted her mouth, and reluctantly scooted her feet to the front to retrieve it.

She hated the stares she always received, as both boys and girls invaded her space with their eyes, making her feel even more insecure than she already did

She hated the stares she always received, as both boys and girls invaded her space with their eyes, making her feel even more insecure than she already did. She was relieved once she made it back to her seat, and could comfortably hide in the back.

"So, before we start we're going to do a little ice breaker" the teacher announced, causing everyone to groan out loud, "I know, I know. It's torture. However in this class, everyone participates. That's what stands between you, and a passing grade"

Just great. Sasha mused to herself.

"So, I'll start. My name is Mr. Reyes, my favorite color is Mauve, and this summer I went to the lake. And what I want to get out of this class, is to make sure you all understand African American Literature more. Any questions?"

"I have one" a light skin boy asked on the left side of the class, his long arm raised.

"Go head" Mr. Reyes pointed his pen towards him.

"What the fuck is Mauve?"

The class erupted into laughter, and even Sasha snickered under her breath.

"Nigga it's like purple" his friend behind him answered, kissing his teeth.

"Well then why the nigga ain't say purple" he shrugged.

Mr. Reyes laughed to himself, next taking a sip of his coffee, "It's a more subtle purple, with hues of pink. But it's Isaiah right?"

The boy smirked and shook his head, "Just Zay"

"Okay, you go next. Start the class off"

The boy handsomely rolled his eyes, and ran his fingers over the peach fuzz on his chin.

"I'm Zay, my favorite color is Red and this summer I was baggin biddies, you know how that is right Mr. Reyes?"

The class laughed again, and Sasha made sure to note him as the class clown. Every class was sure to have one, and she identified this one in her first period in the first ten minutes. She watched as he exchanged dap with the friends around him, even how all of the girls couldn't help but to secretly fawn over him, their eyes hooded in a dreamy way as they could only hope that he would look their direction. Sasha on the other hand just wanted him to shut up so they could move on, her anxiety getting the best of her the longer she waited for her turn.

"Okay, next" Mr. Reyes instructed, also done with the boy's shenanigans.

The student behind him went, and Sasha counted down each person until it was finally her turn. She could feel the pressure, as now the whole class was staring her down, their bodies turned just to get a view of whose turn it was. She nervously smiled, and as always she pushed her curly hair out of her face.
She cleared her throat, and before she could speak the door opened, causing everyone to shift their attention.