🏀NINE

Sasha threw her book bag over her shoulder as she headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a quick granola bar before heading out for school, an option she went to on a daily during her first three weeks

Sasha threw her book bag over her shoulder as she headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a quick granola bar before heading out for school, an option she went to on a daily during her first three weeks. It was the beginning of the fourth week of school at Fel's High, and Sasha was so far loving her new school.

While she still hadn't conquered her weird feelings about Lux, the two hung out on a daily and it was clear that if anything the pair were stuck at the hip. And after finally getting used to the annoying quad of Zay and the guys, the girls even began to hang with them after school whenever Sasha could use the excuse of practice when really it was canceled or just wasn't scheduled for the day.

So far her parents hadn't found out anything, and that was a first. Sasha had to give that credit to Lux however, who could lie in her sleep and was a constant help with getting Sasha's parents off of her back.

"So, Sasha have you gotten your uniform for the cheer squad yet?" Myda asked once Sasha was fully into the kitchen. She stood over the stove as she cooked breakfast, and as always Sasha would rather starve than to have to sit at the dinner table twice in one day.

"Not yet" Sasha told her, making sure to not say too much.

"Really? Because Geraldine's granddaughter goes to your school and is on the squad and supposedly she has her uniform already" Myda raised her brow at her daughter and Sasha resisted from rolling her eyes.

Once her mother joined a church of her liking, she never wasted time finding older women like her that liked to do nothing more than gossip or brag about their kids or grandkids; So she wasn't surprised that her mother had done just that in Philly in only a month and a half that they had been there.

"Oh...well that's because Coach ran out of smalls. She had to order more" Sasha said hurrying out of the kitchen.

She wiped the sweat off her forehead once she closed the front door, and was relieved her mother didn't ask anymore questions, or better yet she didn't give her the time to. She began to walk her regular route to school, and as expected Lux was calling her right on time.

"Did you get out safe?" Lux joked, referring to Sasha's house that she often compared to a prison.

"Yup" Sasha chuckled, "Where are you?"

"At the papi store by the school, we're getting breakfast sandwiches, do you want one?"

Sasha could feel her stomach growling, and she knew that the small bar wouldn't do anything for her.

"Sure, whatever you get. Be there in five"

"Alright"

After hanging up, Sasha made her way up the hill and towards the deli that all the school kids frequented. She dribbled an imaginary ball as she walked, her headphones in her ear as she listened to music on her short walk; As always she passed by the playground, the rural park covered in nothing but cigarette butts and graffiti and she made a note to never take her little brother there.
Next came the project houses, and she couldn't help but to spot Quan as he stood on one of the porches inside of the small community, talking to a man that wasn't familiar. She scrunched her brows as the man handed him a bookbag and he threw it onto his back and the first thing Sasha noticed was that it wasn't Quan's school bag.