🏀TWENTY EIGHT

"Isaiah - if I call you one more time!"

"Coming!" Zay shouted excitedly, racing out of his bedroom as he made engine noises for the toy airplane. He ran it along the eggshell wall of his mother's living room, failing to realize she was standing impatiently by the front door with his shoes in her hand.

"That's it, I'm leaving you home alone" Tanya said pretending to open the front door.

"No, no!" Zay shrieked, dropping the toy plane, "I don't want to be left alone"

"Oh yeah? Then put your shoes on Mr" she slit her eyes at him as she kneeled down to help him step his feet into the spiderman sneakers, "Mommy has to go to work, and you have to go to school"

"Yuck - school" Zay stuck his tongue out.

"Really Isaiah?" Tanya laughed, "Here, put your hat and gloves on"

"Mhhh okay" Zay twisted his mouth, doing as his Mother told him, "Where's Daddy?"

"That's a good question. Daddy is ...at a work conference for a few days. So it's just me and you"

Tanya proceeded to get Zay ready for the brisk weather, helping the six year old place his arms inside the puffer jacket one at a time. She shook her head at the fact that he couldn't keep still to save his life. Zay was a very active little boy - so active that Tanya often told him he had ants in his pants.

"You know what I'm going to say don't you?" She asked, side eyeing him as she stood to her feet.

"Hmmmm that I have ants when I dance?"

"In your pants, pa-pa" Tanya tittered, "Come, we're going to be late" She said ushering him out of the apartment.

"Ms Lucy had a baby, she named him tiny tim. She put him in the bathtub, to see if he could swim" Zay began to sing loudly as he skipped down the building's hallways.

"He drank up all the water, he ate up all the soap. But he didn't eat the bathtub" Tanya jumped in to sing the nursery rhyme.

"Because it wouldn't fit down his throat!"

"Shhhh, not everyone is up yet Isaiah" Tanya hushed his raising voice - giggle of her own following up.

She pressed the elevator button to go to the lobby, checking her watch for the time - and just like always she was pressed for time. Getting her son to school at 730 before the students were relocated inside the building from the play-yard, next rushing to her 8-4 as a mail clerk was apart of her daily routine. Most of the time her husband - who had just been hired at a corporate building in center city was out of the door too early and home too late to assist with anything that had to do with his son.

The sales position was a blessing despite the cons it possessed. Upon being hired, William was offered a generous salary - an amount that was definitely more than he made as a supervisor at the grocery store. However in order to receive salary pay he had to complete at least half of his sales goals or else a measly commission is what he would be taking home.