Of Dragonflys and Mantis's Part 1 (King x F.Reader x Queen)

You woke up to a light as your mother pulled you out of there basement.

She had sent you down their to fetch some ingredients for the bread you were to make, but you had fallen asleep instead.

Rubbing your eyes you looked up at your guardian wearily.

"Why has it taken you so long to grab the ingredients (Name)? You should have been back here an hour ago..." She said diligently.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned as you remembered the stumble you had earlier.

You had fallen and hit your head, dreaming of an odd but wondrous dream. You had to shake your head to get it out of your mind.

You got up and quickly gathered the ingredients you were supposed to get.

"I'm sorry Momma, I accidentally fell and hit my head whilst searching for the flour. It won't happen again..."

Your mother stared at you a little worriedly, but in the end she gave in.

"Just be more careful, alright (Name)?"

You gave her a bright smile, nodding your head in confirmation.

You were about to walk out the door when the woman grabbed your arm before you could go.

She put a basket in your hands.

"(Name) I need you to take this to Ms. Fables house. She made an order that she made out to be absolute that she got it today."

You looked wearily at your mother as she expectantly pushed you out of the basement and to the front door.

"Hurry! Hurry! You must do it quickly before night fall."

With a final push with your mother's surprising strength she had you out the door and on your way to the old woman's house.

You were not looking forward to the trip.

Elise Fable was an old woman who lived her life tending to the trees and the forest around her. She lived in Birch wood forest, almost never being seen by most of your towns members. Elise stated it as not being fond of crowds, but most members of your town chalked it up to witchcraft.

They weren't very fond of old Elise Fable.

You were a little different however....

You didn't scorn the woman or spit lies about her behind her back like most others did. No, you were simply enchanted by her and her forest. Of course you were still scared of the unknown and mystery that surrounded her, but you couldn't help the little taste of excitement you had for your task ahead.

You trekked onward.

Soon enough, after all the greetings you made to the townspeople, you made your way to the beginning of Birch wood forest.

Its trees looked over you beckoning you forward with their siren like call. Dark pine mixed with spruce and most notably the birch the forest was named for. Lovely autumn swirls and leaves cascaded to the litter of below staining the forest floor with whorls of Orange and red, yellow and brown.

It wasn't wrong to say that both you and the villagers feared this forest.

Not because it was outwardly terrifying, but because of the weird allure that most had to it.

You had heard tales of maidens being lured in never to return again. 

Probably to be eaten by beasts you presume.

Tons of emotions were going through your mind all at once.

Maybe you'd find something in there to bring back to your mother, or maybe you'd see something you weren't supposed to see.