The Curse of the Crimson King (M.Dragon x F.Nymph Reader)

For Penpal they're cool and they write yandere stories too so check them out if you wanna. I like their story office obsession the best and if you enjoyed the fantasy and dragon elements in this story then check out there other story called Feelings Aflame. (They're a quotev account). Also, this is my longest oneshot, its a beast to get through and I don't feel like editing it for here right now. I will do it later but this is the original version that I published on quotev. Enjoy.

Yada yada yada content warning don't read if you're easily triggered...

The smell of carbon in the air was a death sentence all on its own as it's choking valor and grave stench painted the world a grim black. Onlookers watched with surprised and pitying eyes as fire engulfed the queen on her raised pike. It ate at her flesh, cackling like the hag Baba Yaga as she took children in the night. Her pleas and screams echoed in their cacophony as she begged for freedom from the fires burning grasps. That fire was hell, this was her punishment; a punishment for the most heinous crime. Children on the streets cried and screamed at the sight they witnessed. Mothers held onto them, trying to comfort their mourning as there fathers watched on with stony cold eyes. Even the king, in all his great wisdom and glory, cried out at the sight.

Swimming in her eyes of sapphire and grey were melancholy delights taken from Poseidon's vast sea. Golden Fleece hair, silky, soft, smooth as an egg now turned coarse, rough, and a pale ashy grey. The kingdom stayed as her wretched, burned, smoke infested corpse filled the surrounding area with a carbon like air that packed the lungs of all who stayed within it's deathly grasps. In the arms of the king a baby whined and cried for its mother with hellish sorrow. It was a billowing sound that rang out like the call of a banshee on a dark and stormy night. Shivering and shuddering, the king held the child closer to his chest. He was a cloud set to burst with heavy rainfall and thunderous lightning. In pity, the king looked down at the baby observing his features in grief.

Crimson bloody red hair dyed from wars of the past and future, Black and grey obsidian coal eyes of the beast it was spawned from, and a voice that sounded like a child's, but held the air of a man even older than the king himself slipped from the child's pale lips. Taking a shuddering breath of the smoke filled air the king turned to his subjects and spoke with words of authority as he held the boy in front of him.

"My loyal subjects, what a sorrowful time we face today. Queen Camille is dead, but there is no time for mourning. We cannot let our people fall into sorrow from one woman's mistake." He paused and took a deep breath, steeling himself for the decision he was about to make. "I loved Camille more than I had loved anyone else in my life. She was my moon, my stars, the ever present sun to this dark and cloudy Earth. It is my decision that this child, her child, shall be raised among the castle as heir to the throne. He is my son and no other shall take his title."

The crowd gasped in surprise and apprehension of the idea. Rousing whispers spread through the people like a flame to wildfire. The king stared them down with a solid and affirming gaze.

"Meet your new prince, Roland Ignetius of the Olkinege lineage. Welcome him with open arms and accept him as one of our own just as you would any other. You are all dismissed."

The crowd was more than a little apprehensive to the idea, but with all of the shock laden in the air they could not help but agree with the king. What could they have done against him? The suddenness of the dead queen still perpetuated itself within their guts like stale bread. Thus, with nods and vacant eyes, a new prince was gained and a queen was lost to the foul bowels of Hades.

Black eye, glittering and shiny, watched from the forest as both man and woman dispersed from the scene. Clouds had now settled among the sky, greying in the afternoon light as if they too were mourning the loss of the fair lady. Xerxe tilted her head and balked at the show, her attitude being anything but satisfied at what she had just witnessed. The amusing show was over and dissatisfaction laid in her gut like a stone being worn down at the bottom of a lake. Such a ginormous moment in the kingdom's history that had already passed them by like any other idle day. How boring, how minuscule in the greater scheme of life.