Chapter 03 | Third Person

I'm Annie, From Dance Moms

Chapter 03

Date: 9/15/10

"I need four volunteers to come up here and help sing the 'Days of the Week' song."

Annie raised her hand. So did Gaby and Hanna and Loryn. And Ben and Matthew and Rachel and Micah and Sunny.

"Loryn, Annie, Ben, and Sunny please come up here," said the teacher.

The four children stood up from the teal rug and walked to the front of the room. The teacher started the clap.

"Sunday, Monday."

"Tuesday, Wednesday."

"Thursday, Fridaaaay."

"And Saturdaaaaay."

The children sang along and clapped.

"And it's Wednesday!" Annie, Ben, Micah, and Loryn said at the same time.

"Thank you," said the teacher. "You may go back to your seats. Now, please take out your black notebooks."

On the way back to their desks, Loryn nudged Annie. "Anna, is it true that you're going to be on TV?"

Annie shrugged. "Maybe."

Loryn shrugged too. "That's cool. Could I have your autograph?"

"Um, sure," said Annie.

At recess Loryn went up to Annie and said, "Anna, what show are you going to be in?"

"Dance Moms, and I don't even know if I'm going to be in it yet!" Annie could not believe how irritating someone could be.

At lunch, Loryn sat right down next to Annie, smiled, and flipped her short blonde hair. A girl with auburn hair in two braids sat down next to Loryn. "Anna, this is my friend Lizzy."

Lizzy waved to Annie and Annie waved back. She quietly finished the rest of her lunch, praying Loryn wouldn't keep bugging her like this.

That afternoon Billy LeBlanc dropped off his daughter at the ALDC. Annie took a quick sip at the water fountain, and walked to her class.

I'm going to do so well at practice. I need all the practice I can get for Sunday.

"Ow!" Annie was so lost in thought that she bumped into an older girl.

"Watch it!" The girl said.

"I'm really sorry," said Annie.

The girl smiled sadly. "Oh, that's alright. I really am sorry. The name's MadsZ." She said, though Madison Ziegler has never told anyone about her little code name. She flipped her hair for effect.

"Julianna," Annie said quietly.

"How old are you?" MadsZ asked Anna Grace.

"Five," Annie replied. "Six in December."

MadsZ smiled. "My sister is six," she said.

"Cool," said Annie. "How old are you?"

"Eight," said Madison. "And I really need to get going. I need to practice for Sunday."

"Me too."

"Okay, bye!" MadsZ flipped her hair again and walked away with her hands on her hips, toward Abby's studio.

Annie wasn't sure how she felt about this MadsZ girl. She was nice, but there was something a bit off about her.

Annie stopped at the bathroom. The closest one to her was the one near Abby's studio. There was an older girl in there, checking out her hair. Annie thought she looked like she was stalling.