Chapter 05 | Melissa

I'm Annie, From Dance Moms

Chapter 05

9/19/10

"Hello Abby!" I said as I walked in with my girls.

Abby smiled. "Hey girls! Thanks for arriving so early, we need to get this done." She looked at my daughters. "I will need your help. Especially yours, Madison." Madison grinned while Mackenzie pouted.

"What time is it now?" asked Abby.

"8:27," I said, checking my watch.

"Okay. Come with me." She led us into her big studio where my girls practice before the day of the competition. Today there was a big desk and papers for Abby. There were also 3 chairs next to the desk.

"My 3 'M' girls, these chairs are for you." I sat down in the chair next to Abby's, Mackenzie in the middle, and Madison on the side.

"Basically what's gonna happen is this," said Abby, cutting down to business. "These girls and their moms are gonna come in, some maybe with younger siblings. We interview the girls and moms first, then the girls will dance. Okay? But remember I do most of the talking. I'll introduce you guys to everyone, at the end you'll tell me who you liked. Each of you get a notepad," said Abby, handing them to us. "And you guys have to wear these." She handed us each our own Hello, My Name Is name tags. The girls and I borrowed pens from Abby and wrote our names.

I smiled. I loved my girls but Mackenzie was more adorable. That's just the facts.

"Alright!" said Abby. "Let's sit down and wait for some people!"

"My mouth is going to hurt from talking so much," said Madison.

"Then shut up for once," muttered Abby. "Okay! Matthew, let the first person in." There were already a crowd of people. Matthew, who worked at the ALDC, nodded and opened the door. Christi and Chloe walked in with Clara. Christi grinned and held up 3 orange slips.

"Ah, yes! One of my best customers! With their secret VIP slips." Abby winked.

"Haha," said Christi. "Well come on, Chloe, audition." Abby and my girls played around with Clara while Chloe was getting her music ready. "Oh, I know her too well. You guys will probably have a guaranteed spot on the team, with Madison's and Mackenzie's guaranteed spots. But competition is tight, and I do need to see Chloe's audition."

Christi nodded.

Chloe did a ballet audition and honestly was fantastic. Maybe even better than Madison.

Oops. Did I just say that? I did not.

"Alright, thanks guys!" Abby said when Chloe was done.

"Bye!" Christi and Chloe said. Clara waved her tiny fingers at us.

"Aww," said Madison.

"Bye guys!" said Abby.

Next was a girl with with hazel eyes and short, curly brown hair in pigtails. Her mother had the same hazel eyes but she had dark brown hair.

"Hello! What's your name?"

"Hi, I'm Sandy, and this is my daughter Sophia. She has classes with Ms. Amelia. I definitely think she is capable and worthy of being on this team and show."

Abby nodded. "Okay, let me see her routine, please. What style music? Oh yeah, this is Madison and Mackenzie, who already have a permanent spot on the team."

Sandy smiled. "Hello Madison, and Mackenzie, aren't you adorable? Sophia will be doing an acro."

Sophia did her acro routine and then they left.

It felt like weeks had passed and we were still here. Our mouths were all hurting. It felt like Abby had said "only a few more people to go" about 200 times.

A woman with wavy dark brown hair stepped in. She was holding a baby with curly light brown hair. Next to her was a young girl, maybe even younger than Mackenzie. She had the same brown hair as her mother.

"Name please," said Abby, sounding like a robot. "Oh hi Katelyn! Hey Annie and Hayley."

Hey guys! Betcha weren't expecting a Melissa POV huh? 

I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS SO PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO I CAN UPDATE MORE!!!! AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES IF YA WANT THE LINK IS IN THE BIO NATALIE'S AS WELL

💕💕NOVA! 💕💕