Chapter 06 | Paige

I'm Annie, From Dance Moms

Chapter 06

9/20/10

Brooke and Josh and I were eating our omelettes for breakfast when we got the call. I to this day don't know why Mom actually got angry about it. We could hear her in the next room.

"Well why didn't we even know about that day, Abby? Why?

"Brooke AND Paige?

"Why do you have to criticize EVERYTHING I say, you rat!" She hung up.

Brooke and I looked at each other, then back down to our plates.

"I wonder what that was about," my 10 year old self said to Brooke, who was 13.

Brooke glared at me while she took a bite of her omelette. Seriously, what did I do wrong?

Mom came in with a red face.

"What was that all about, Mom?" I asked.

Brooke glared and mumbled something I couldn't hear and Mom yelled at her.

"Oh, I was on the phone with Ms. Abby. Her producers will be filming so there will be cameras in the studio. You two will be on a new competition team."

Brooke's jaw dropped. "What? With who?"

Mom smiled. "Madison, Mackenzie, and 3 other people whom Abby hasn't decided yet."

It was my jaw's turn to drop. "But what about Chloe? And Nia? And ReyAnna?" I asked.

Chloe Elizabeth Lukasiak was my best friend. We were on the same dance team with Brooke, Madison, Mackenzie, Nia, and ReyAnna. We loved getting trios from Ms. Abby. Madison, Chloe and I. Chloe and I were closer, though, inseparable from the start. Sometimes that made Madison a little jealous, I think. She was Chloe's biggest competition after all, even though they were on the same team, representing Abby.

"They all had had to audition for it, and from what I heard Christi wasn't too upset," said Mom. "It's gonna be you, Brooke, Madison, Mackenzie, and 3 other dancers who went to the audition."

"Okay," said Brooke.

"Yeah," I said. "So it COULD be Chloe, Nia, and Rey?"

"It could."

"Okay."

"Alright." We finished eating and got ready for school.

As we waited at the bus stop I wondered what it would be like suddenly having cameras on us for real live TV. Would we be given scripts?

The bus made a screeching noise as it pulled up, interrupting my thoughts completely. Brooke got on first and say with her friend Claudia. I sat with my friend Jewel.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," said Jewel. "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked.

"We might be getting a puppy soon!" She said excitedly.

"Yay!" I said.

"I know!" Jewel smiled. "Anything exciting happen to you over the weekend?"

"Uhh, no." For some reason I decided not to tell her about the call.

She shrugged.

When we got to our classroom there was a different teacher there.

Great. A sub.

"Hey guys! I'm Mrs. Oladi!" A blonde woman with blue eyes said. "I'll be subbing for you today!"

"Yay!" lots of kids said.

Mrs. Oladi smiled. "How about we play two truths and a lie to get to me and each other better?"

We sat on the rug after we made our name tags.

"I have 2 kids, I used to have grayish eyes, and I've never been to Disney! Which is the lie?"

A kid named Braden raised his hand. "You never had gray eyes!"

Mrs. Oladi smiled. "That's right!"

I shook my head. Braden always won games.

"Alright, your turn," Mrs. Oladi said to Jewel.

"I have no pets, I have 3 bathing suits, and I've been to Disney twice!"

I raised my hand. "You don't have 3 bathing suits."

"You know me so well Paigie!" said Jewel.

"Okay, so I have two siblings, I do gymnastics, and my sister is thirteen."

Marisa raised her hand. "You don't do gymnastics!"

I smiled. "Yup!"

"Wow, you guys are good at this game!" said Mrs. Oladi.

I smiled. Mrs. Oladi was by far the best sub I'd ever had.

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in so long! Hope you're enjoying my story! :D

Nova (just_two_bratatoes)

P.S. check out Nat's stories too if ya want :D