Chapter Two: The End of the World

Back in the Avengers HQ, the rogue Avengers had come back and Bruce had shown himself to everyone.

"Well this is awkward." Sam Wilson, Falcon, said, holding up a very weak Vision.

Suddenly an orange portal appeared in the middle of the room and Ned and Mari Stark-Rogers walked through before it closing behind them.

Everyone's eyes bulged out, looking at the two teenagers and Mari, the idiot that she was, waved at them and said. "Hey, everyone."

The first person to move was Captain America who quickly ran up to his daughters and hugged them tightly, as if his life depended on it. The girls hugged their dad. Steve's hands moved up to cradle their heads and gave a peck on the girls' head and finally let go. He kneeled down in front of them, holding each of theirs in his own.

"Where were you two? I called your dad's house phone and yours and Peter's and Harley's." Tears were slowly making their way down his cheek and it broke the kid's heart. "Where were you two? We heard about Tony disappearance and-"

"Dad, calm down." Mari said, her voice coarse from all the panic and anxiety attacks and right now, the last thing she needs is having her dad crying in front of her. She let out a shaky breath before speaking. "We were in space."

"What?" Everyone said in a unison.

"You guys might wanna sit down" Ned said.

The Avengers sat down and Ned and Mari explained everything that had happened from when they were on the bus till when they got there.

"You were in space?" Bruce Banner asked.

"Peter's in space?!" Steve asked, panicking.

"He- Doctor Strange said he had to be there. He was an important key to them winning."

Panic had taken over Steve's face just as it had with Tony. They might not see eye-to-eye anymore but one thing they did agree on is having their kids be safe and secure.

Steve nodded sternly. He had heard Jasper Sitwell when he named Stephen Strange, along with himself and Bruce Banner, a threat to HYDRA and, from what he sees, Doctor Strange seems to really care about Tony and the kids so he decides to trust him.

"Bruce, what happened with you?" Steve asked the scientist and he told all that had happened to him. From Sakaar, to the fall of Asgard, to Thanos' attack.

"So this Thanos guy- he has two of the stones?" Sam asked.

"Space and Power Stone." Bruce corrected.

"Which ones are left?" Steve asked.

"Well, there the Time Stone- which Stephen Strange has. And the Mind which is, well, in Vision. Reality and Soul- well, I don't know where those are but they're probably in space." Bruce explained.

"We have to make sure that Thanos doesn't get the stones. Tony, Peter, and Stephen Strange are in space the three can protect the stones-" Natasha was cut off by Mari.

"And the Guardians of the Galaxy." Mari added.

"The who of the what?" Rhodey asked.

"They were the four people that were also in space." Ned explained.

"One of them is from Missouri!" Mari said.

"Okay, well, there's Iron Man, Spiderman, a sorcerer in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy. I think they should be able to hold him off." Sam said.

It took Steve a couple of moments to think everything out. He put on his stern, fighter face and got up from the chair he was sitting on. "Alright, we need to head to Wakanda. Ned, Mari,  stay here with Happy. He's going to pick Harley from the old building and come here. Do not get out of this place until we come back. Understood?" Steve said. The girls nodded. Steve hugged his girls goodbye and the girls bid their farewell to the rest.

The Avengers got in a Quinjet and the girls went back inside and waited for Happy.

It didn't take long for Happy to come back. They had used a helicopter which made sense because the streets were probably crowded. The girls hugged Harley and told him and Happy all that had happened. Harley was jealous that he couldn't go to space.

"I'm gonna do some office work. You two will be okay?" Happy asked the girls.

"Yeah." Ned said and Mari and Harley nodded. Happy walked away to where the office was and the kids walked towards the bedrooms. "They're gonna be okay." Ned said to her siblings, though it seemed like she was assuring herself more.

Mari let out a shaky breath and nodded. She walked in her room. She let the door close behind her as she dropped herself onto her bed. She laid starfish on the bed and drifted off to sleep.

-

Hours had passed when Mari got out of her room.

For hours she was in there asleep. It was early in the morning when she had gotten to the Avengers HQ but there wasn't anything to do. All stations on TV were talking about the attack and it didn't seem like the right time to be watching Netflix. When she had gotten tired of sleep (mostly of the nightmares) she got up from her bed and dragged herself to the small bathroom attached to it. She quickly washed her face and changed her clothes into comfier ones. Changing her skinny jeans for black tights, her t-shirt for a loose sweater with a tank top underneath, and her converses for a sneaker. She pulled herself out of the room and into the common room where her sister and brother were. Ned, wearing a pick hoodie with grey sweatpants and red sneakers, was watching the news and Harley, wearing the same outfit as before which was a dark olive green hoodie with jeans and a black pair of Vans, was tinkering with a device that Mari was way too dumb to understand.

"What's happening?" Mari asked.

"Nothing much yet." Harley replied, preoccupied.

"How many hours had it been?" Mari asked.

"Three." Ned replied, grabbing the remote and flipping through it. Mari thought it was impossible but she glanced at the clock on the wall and sure enough it said it was 3:30.

After seeing all of the channels had switched to talking about the giant flying doughnut, Ned finally left a channel on that showed a reporter at Central Park talking about the attack.

Soon, Happy walked in and sat next to the kids. Neither said anything and they all watched the screen.

The reporter kept on talking when suddenly loud screams were heard. The reporter turned around, a helicopter had crashed into a building, cars hitting each other. People disintegrated into a pile of dust.

"What the-" the reporter and Happy said at the same time before the camera dropping down and a loud scream was heard from the female reporter.

"What the fuck is happening?" Harley asked, standing up.

"I don't know." Happy replied nervously, also standing up.

Mari screamed and the three turned to look at Mari just in time to see Mari holding up her right arm as it disintegrated. "Guys!" Mari said, panicking.

"Mari!" Ned and Harley yelled and at the same time Happy yelled "No!" They both rushed to Mari and grabbed her up from the couch. They grabbed her by her left arm up and Mari stumbled forward and completely disintegrated in front of them.

"WHAT?!" Happy yelled as Ned screamed and cried.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Harley yelled and Ned and turned to Harley just in time to see him disintegrate and drop the device he was tinkering with. Happy panicked and Ned cried.

The end of the world had begun.