Chapter Four: A Reunion

When Mari opened her eyes she was in a strange place surrounded by people. Everyone was panicking, running around.

What the hell happened?! Mari screamed in her head. One second she's watching her body disintegrate and the next she was in some weird place.

"NED?" Mari yelled, but she didn't get an answer. "NED? HAPPY? HARLEY?" Mari yelled.

"MARI?" She heard a voice that sounded like Harley yell. She quickly turned her head around to see Harley.

"Harley!" Mari yelled, hysterical, they ran towards each other, pushing others away. They hugged each other tightly, turning into little kids who were lost and afraid.

Around them were all sorts of people panicking. They didn't want to let go but when they did and noticed everything they started panicking. Mari fell to the ground, feeling her panic attack rising. She sat crossed legged, crying. She made her hand into a fist and started punching her leg.

"Hey, hey- Mar- stop!" Harley knelt down and grabbed Mari's fists. Harley had seen Mari and their dad, Tony, have panic attacks. To be fair, their whole family was screwed in the head. Tony was an alcoholic with PTSD and panic and anxiety attacks, Mari had depression and severe anxiety, Steve had PTSD from the war, Bucky had PTSD from the war, dying and, more importantly, HYDRA, Harley had abandonment issues and anxiety. After his and Ned's biological father walked out on them and their mom abandoned them, he would have breakdowns every time a parent was gone for longer than they said. Ned was the only sane one but who knows what'll happen to her mental health after seeing two of her siblings die right in front of her.

"Mari?! Harley?!" A deep voice said from behind the freaked out the siblings.

Mari and Harley quickly turned around and saw James Buchanan Barnes, their dad's husband.

"Mr. Bucky!" Mari cried, running to him. Harley followed her. The older man wrapped an arm around her and the other around Harley securely. Mari cried into her father's shirt. "Wh-" she hiccuped, "what ha-appened?"

Tears ran down Bucky's eyes. "We lost, kid."

Harley's breath caught in his throat. "W-what?"

"It's over." A new voice from behind Bucky said. The kids turned to look and it was Sam Wilson.

"N-no! We're the good guys! We're supposed to win!" Mari yelled. Her knees gave out and she fell to the floor as she cried harder.

The Winter Soldier knelt down and picked up the crying girl in his arms. Mari clutched harder to his chest and cried. The older man looked sad. Much like Mari and Harley, he had also loved his home. He lost his Steve. Trying not to let the tears spill, he turned to Sam. It had seemed that whoever was near you when you disappeared was whoever was next to you. The Wakandan group had walked for a while until the Super Soldier found the kids.

"We must move." King T'Challa, the Black Panther, said. Two Wakandan soldiers were next to him, holding up the queen and princess Shuri. Everyone nodded and they followed the king out of the crowd of people.

They had walked for what seemed like minutes till they reached a spot which seemed empty and the crowd of people hadn't invaded. There was a group there, though. There stood four masculine and a feminine silhouette. One of the masculine silhouettes was holding another close.

"Move carefully" the Black Panther said. His helmet came up and he sneaked to the group with some of the Wakandan soldiers.

The silhouette that was leaning onto the other perked up. He turned around and-

"STOP!" Bucky shouted. The silhouette that had turned around was Steve's son. Peter.

Bucky's shouting had gained the attention of the other group. All but two ran to attack. One of the male silhouettes put in a robotic looking helmet and flew towards them while the other, that now that Bucky got a good look at and was shirtless, shouted and ran towards them. "STOP." Peter yelled. He webbed up everyone coming towards them and with his impressive super strength, he threw them back like it was no big deal.

He ran towards Bucky. "Dad?" Peter said, running towards Bucky. It was only when he was about to hug him he noticed his sister passed out in Bucky's arms and Harley beside him. He stopped, his heart breaking even more. "H-Harles? Mari?"

"Waddup." Harley said sadly.

"What's going on here?" The man that was previously in the robotic mask asked.

"That's my dad." Peter said. "These people are good."

"How can we trust them?" The same guy asked.

"Because they are going to save the world." The man in the cloak, Stephen Strange, replied coolly. He walked over to T'Challa. "Doctor Stephen Strange. Sorcerer Supreme." He brought out his hand for the Black Panther. The king read him for a while and then, nodding, brought his hand forward to shake it.

"You said we are going to save the world. How?" Sam Wilson asked.

"It'll only work if the Avengers do what is needed to be done and do it correctly." Stephen replied.

"And what exactly is that?" Sam asked.

"If I say it, it won't come true." Stephen said.

"Well that's just great." Sam muttered.

"What do we do now?" Wanda asked.

"Now, we need to wait." Stephen said.

"I am Groot." A grumpy voice said.

"Groot?" The masked man, shirtless man and the woman with the antenna said. The tree fellow -as Bucky referred to it- came out of the group and they all had a group hug.

Bucky shut out the rest of the noises the group was making. He turned to the Sorcerer Supreme. "So, we just gotta wait?" He asked, shifting his arm and changing Mari's sleeping position in his arms.

"Yeah." Stephen said.

"Well, lets go." Bucky replied.