Chapter Three: Everyone Cries

Hours had passed and Ned and Happy were pacing around. They kept calling everyone they knew. From Ned's dads, to Rhodey, to Bruce Banner, to the king of Wakanda. But, they got no response.

They'd spent so much time panicking that they hadn't process any of their feelings.

It wasn't until the next day, at 10 am that the Avengers returned. Happy and Ned went out to greet them and tell them what had happened. They didn't expect to see less than half of the Avengers returning.

When Steve saw Ned he ran to her side, he knelt down to her size and hugged her tightly. At that moment her finally let himself cry and Ned finally realised what had happened.

The duo sobbed into each other's shoulders. His right hand cradled Ned's head and his left hugging Ned's back to his chest.

"D-dad. Dad-" Ned cut herself off with a sob, crying harder into Steve's shoulder.

Steve hugged her tighter. Steve finally found the courage to open his eyes. He looked around and his heart dropped.

"W-where are Harley and Mari?" Steve asked, moving away from Ned. Ned didn't say anything. She just sobbed harder.

No, no no no. Steve thought. He couldn't believe this. Did God love to see him suffer?! Hours ago he saw he true love die in front of him. He saw his friends disintegrate into thin air. And now his son and daughter?! He just hoped Peter and Tony were okay.