Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Aspyn

"Girl. I can't believe they offered ten thousand over asking off the bat." I said to my assistant, Mya.

"Right. They also said they would wave the inspection." She answered.

"I would never do that. Not even on this million-dollar home. But hey. You know I'm not mad at that." I told her, a big smile on my face.

"Hell no, you not mad. You just made six figures on this sale."

"Not until the paperwork is done. You know I don't count my pennies until they in the bank girl." I told her.

"I know that's right. But I'm counting mine. That's how much for me?" Mya asked.

"IF everything goes through, ten stacks baby girl." I told her and we both started to twerk and laugh around the house.

"I can't wait until I'm finished this last class and can take the test. Then I can make the real money like you." she said as we hip bumped like we were at a seventies disco.

Just then my phone went off. I could tell by the song, Jodeci's All my life, that it was Kai." I ran over to answer it.

"Hey babayyy.." I said.

"You must have sold the house." His deep voice answered.

"Sure did. For well over asking price. Just have to get the paperwork together."

"I'm proud of you. Now you can quit." He said half -jokingly.

"Not that mess again. I told you that I like my job. I actually love it." I explained for the hundredth time.

"And I like my woman to be home with our kids."

"That's kid."

"Exactly. If you were home more, it could be with an 's'." he answered.

'Mikai." I whispered into the phone.

'Alright. I called to see what time you would be home. Asa is going home with Vicki tonight since it's the weekend and I wanted to have a candlelight dinner with you at home. Just the two of us." He announced.

"I'm all for that. Let me see." I put him on hold and called over to Mya. "Mya, do you think you can get the paperwork together on this and send it over?"

"Yeah, I'm good here. You can take off." She told me.

I gave her the thumbs up and blew her a kiss as I got back on the phone. "Give me an hour." I told him.

"I'll be waiting." He said. "Love you."

"Love you too."

I pulled up to our house and into the garage since it was beginning to drizzle. The door from the garage let's you into the kitchen and my husband was in there, apron on, cooking and looking like a whole meal himself.

"Hey girl." He said, handing me a glass of Pinot.

"A girl can get used to this."

"Used to what?" he asked, taking a sip of his beer and then taking the food off the stove and making plates.

"Used to seeing you in the kitchen."