Chapter 22 & 23

Chapter 22

Aspyn

I woke up and saw my family surrounding me. Mikai was asleep in the chair next to the bed. Summer was on the couch, also asleep. My dad was flipping through channels and joking around with Mya. Vicki stood by the window, holding our son in her hands.

She turned around and saw me watching them and a smile spread across her face.

"Pynnie. You did so good girl. He is gorgeous. Look at his brown skin and head full of hair. And these eyes. I'm in love." she cooed.

"So am I." I responded as she handed him to me.

He looked up at me and all I could do was smile. I don't know why I fought so hard against having another baby. I didn't think I could love anyone as much as I did Asarae. Oh, my goodness. A thought crossed my mind. Was he okay? Before I could ask, Mikai sat on the edge of the bed. I guess Vicki and I had woke him.

"I know what you're thinking. He's fine. Nothing wrong at all."

Everyone there had to have heard the breath I released. The one I had been holding until I knew that he was okay. I couldn't wait for him to meet his sisters. Summer woke up and we all visited for a while. I was tired and wanted more rest. Vicki needed to go and get the girls so that the babysitter could get to class. She was a college student and part-time babysitter. That left Kai, MJ and I in the room alone. Vicki and Kai were going to bring the girls the next day to meet the baby.

"How are you feeling, mama?" Kai asked me.

"I'm feeling good. Tired and sore. But, good."

"You did amazing. And I just want you to know how proud of you I am. How much I love you."

"I love you too." I told him.

There was something going on with him. I could tell. He had something to share. I wanted to know, but not right now. If it was bad news, I didn't want it. I just wanted to inhale my new baby.

"I am so sorry for everything. I want you to know that." he said, tears brimming his eyes.

"I know baby. I know." I told him. Reaching over and rubbing the side of his face.

"After everything you've given me, I promise I will never allow anyone or anything to break your heart again. I promise. You believe me, right?" he asked.

"Yes, I believe you baby. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm good. I just wanted you to know that."

"Okay. Well, I do. And I believe it." I assured him.

He let out a sigh of relief and then told me to scoot over. That way he could lay in the bed with us. MJ was asleep on my chest and Kai fell back asleep beside me. Everything felt right, but not complete. Probably because Asa, Vicki, Junie and May weren't here. When they got here tomorrow, everything would be perfect. Our own little tribe. And the prince had arrived.

When I woke the next morning, Kai was headed out to shower and get the girls with Vicki. Something popped into my head right before he stepped out of the room.

"Babe. Don't forget the court papers. He's here now. So, we need to sign the separation papers so it can be legal. Then the divorce." I reminded him.

"Don't worry about that. I found another way for her to keep the girls. It's a surprise. We'll all talk about it when you're home and stronger." He told me on the way out the door.