Why Should It Matter? (Pt. 1)

This is a Loki x Trans!Male!Reader

This is if Infinity War/Endgame never happened, and people warmed up to Loki being on Earth as a normal person.

Warning: this may trigger some gender dysphoria for trans masculine people.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*3rd POV*

Loki walked into the quiet library and quickly went to the fantasy section. It was one of his favorite genres along with historical fiction, science fiction, and anything on any of the arts.

As he went along the shelves of books, trying to pick one that seemed interesting, he felt someone bump into him. "Sorry..." A small, quiet voice said. He looked to see a small... Girl? Boy? He didn't know. "Do not worry, I'll be alright." The person kept their head down and quickly walked away.

The God caught a glimpse of which section this young person was going to. The LGBTQ section? Curiosity took over and Loki silently followed the person into the section. He scanned the shelves carefully. He'd never seen so many books on gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer individuals. Yes, Loki did question himself, but now he felt determined to finally figure out what's comfortable with him.

"You're queer too?" A familiar voice said. Loki looked to the the person again. What he saw surprised him. Long (h/c) hair, large (e/c) eyes, and a small (s/c) figure wearing a large (f/c) hoodie and black jeans. This person looked beautiful or handsome to the raven haired God.

"You ok?"

"Y-yes. I just... Uh..."

"You're questioning, aren't you?"

Loki looked at this beautiful/handsome person and nodded. The person smiled and picked out a few books from the shelves. "These might help." The person held out the books. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, None Of The Above by I.W. Gregorio, and Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan. "Thank you... Ma'am?" Loki said a little confused. The person's smile immediately faded and they immediately looked down. "No problem..."

The person quickly looked through the shelves again and picked out a copy of Freak Boy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark then walked away before Loki could say anything else. He cursed himself in his head then checked out the books.

Later that day, he met up with Thor at a small park where Loki sat on a bench, reading Boy Meets Boy, and Thor was walking around a small track that outlines the whole park. While the God of Mischief read, he began to feel like he should be with a male. But he likes women? Well, there was that one time with the Grandmaster on Sakaar, but he still didn't feel anything. Was he bisexual? Gay? Straight? None of those felt right for him.

"Why the long face, brother?" Loki jumped and almost dropped his book at the sound of Thor's voice. "What I it that you want?" Loki asked in annoyance. "You seem a little off. You ok?" Loki gulped. He didn't know what to do, for once he was actually scared to really open up. Usually he never made it a big deal, but this time, it was a huge deal to him.

"Well... I..."

"Yes?"

"I'm confused."

"Of what, brother?"

"...myself."

Wassup all you guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! So, welcome to my first x reader book I guess?? I'm making one of these to dudes and nonbinary pals can picture themself rather than one certain gender that they aren't comfortable with (if that shit makes sense). Soooooo yeah. That's all for today!