Why Should It Matter? (Pt. 2)

Continuation of the Loki x Trans!Male!Reader

Warning: this may trigger some gender dysphoria for trans masculine people.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*3rd POV*

The two brothers talked about Loki's orientation and what felt comfortable with him. They did a bit of digging while at the Avengers building, and found the term, "pansexual." Loki read the description of pansexuality and finally felt... Comfortable. His emerald green eyes lit up, for the first time in literally forever, and almost broke down into tears.

"I'm... Pansexual."

"That's great, brother!"

Thor smiled and bear hugged his adopted brother. Loki flinched but accepted the hug. For once, he felt comfortable with who he is, but he still felt like there was something missing. The next day, he went back to the library to, not only drop off one of the books he finished reading, but to also try and do some more digging on different genders.

That's when he ran into that person again. This time their hair was pulled back into a braid and they were wearing a black Panic! at the Disco hoodie with their signature black jeans with it. Loki awkwardly went to said person he saw before and tried to start a small conversation.

"H-hello."

"He."

"What?"

"It's 'he.'"

Loki raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Could you please explain to me what you mean?" He asked. "I don't really understand." The person was surprised Loki said this. He thought maybe he isn't as bad as he thought.

"My name is (y/n) and I go by the pronouns he and him. Unfortunately I was born differently, but I'd rather not talk about that to someone I just met." (Y/n) said picking up a book from the shelf.

"What about you?"

"What?"

"What's your name and pronouns?"

"I'm Loki and I... I dunno."

"Let me help you."

A few weeks went by and the two became close friends. Loki never really had "friends" while on Asgard, but with (y/n) he felt like he didn't have to hide anything from him. It got to the point where he started to have feelings for the Midgardian, but he was nervous to say anything. Little did he know, that (y/n) has the same feelings towards the God of Mischief.

(Y/n) soon came up with a plan to confess to Loki. He set up a bunch of books to where the first letter of each title spelled out, "I LOVE YOU LOKI." (Y/n) thought it was genius and it is! Especially, since Loki loves to read. He grabbed his phone and quickly called the emerald eyed man.

"Yes, (y/n)?"

"Would you like to come over later? I have a bunch of books that I think you'll like."

(Y/n) couldn't see, but Loki's eyes lit up, more than finding out his identity, and quickly agreed to go over. After they hung up, (y/n) quickly put on black jeans, (f/c) button up shirt (tucked in for style), and a black button up vest over it. He had gotten a short haircut that he was proud of, and a new binder, so he felt amazing.

A while later, Loki was outside the door, in similar outfit like the one he wore while trying to find Odin. He knocked on the door, in which, (y/n) answered almost immediately. Loki looked over his shorter man in shock. He almost didn't recognize him! He looked amazing!

"I know I look different."

"You look great. Well, more than great."

"Thanks!"

The two smiled at each other as Loki walked in, seeing the piles of books. "How many are there?!" Loki shouted making (y/n) giggle. "Read each title, then connect the first letter of each one into a full sentence." (Y/n) said. Loki raised an eyebrow then did so. He deciphered the puzzle then blushed.

"Well...?"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

Loki went to (y/n), hugging him tight with a large smile on his face. "I've wanted to tell you the same thing for months, (y/n)... But I was always too scared." (Y/n) blushed and hugged back, his mind racing.

"I guess that means I can finally do this." (Y/n) raised an eyebrow and looked up at Loki. The dark-haired man leaned down, gently cupping (y/n)'s cheek, and closed the gap between their lips. They held each other close until they had to pull away.

"I love you so much, (y/n)."

"Even if I was born... Different?"

"Why should it matter, darling?"

Hello all of you beautiful bastards! I hope you all liked the end of this one-shot. As I was writing this, Wattpad was being a big stoopid and wouldn't let me save. But hey! I finally got it and nothing is missing! Anygay, I hope all you guys, gals, and nonbinary pals enjoyed this! See ya in the next one!!