Chapter 1 Up beat pace, beet red face

"And on a more joyful note, there will be a end of semester ball" Mr. Aizama said. That got everyone talking, even still with this Izuku wasn't as happy as he should've been.

Mainly the fact was that there was talk of a ball happening and the girl that Izuku was going to ask Ochaco was asked by someone else and she seemed really eager plus he didn't want make things awkward. *i can't even dance to save my life let alone the world ahh* Izuku thought to himself.

Meanwhile on the other side of the classroom Mina was feeling ecstatic about the idea of a ball, she didn't mind if no one had asked her to it just as long as she could dance and make people happy she'd be happy.

Everyone knew she was a fantastic dancer and this ball was just another chance to show what she could do.
Not long after the bell rang, most people got up and immediately started to talk about the ball while Izuku was thinking *the ball is only a few weeks away so maybe people won't notice if i didn't show up WHAT! What am I thinking of course people would know if i wasn't there... still*
With that he let out a sigh and decided on a plan even if he was nervous at said plan.
~later that day~
Izuku decided he'll go through with his plan, he'll learn to dance even if he didn't have much of an idea of where to start.
He found an open area that was close enough to the dorms if he ended up staying out near curfew. He looked through his phone and started scrolling eventually choosing a song he thought he had an ok beat.
He simply let the music take over but he still ended up tripping a few times, he kneeled down to pause when the song finished and from behind him heard what sounded like a twig snapping.

He froze only moving his head a few inches towards the noise, there was only a few trees and bushes in that direction. Had someone been watching him? Had they been there the whole time? What if they were recording the whole thing Izuku was thinking
"Oh crap" a voice softly said from that direction
Izuku frowned as he started to walk closer "trees don't talk" he quietly said to himself

As he drew closer he felt a lump in his throat, when he got to the tree a pink blur rushed out from behind it.
"BOO"
Izuku screamed, a bit higher pitch then intended and fell backwards. He realised what had happened and who it was, he started to go red from embarrassment "A-ashido what do you think y-you're doing?" He managed to say but his pink skinned pink hair classmate had already doubled over laughing

"I-I'm so sorry Midoriya but what was that noise" she managed to through laughter "but seriously I saw you awkwardly moving but when I got closer I heard music and decided to watch" she said as she began wiping tears away.
Izuku's face grew more red "Y-you saw? I was just t-trying out something t-that's all" he told her as he got up and dusted himself off.

Mina put a finger to her chin and smiled "hmm that something look like dancing and-" she gasped in excitement "the ball is a few weeks away and you're practicing to impress the ladies that's so cuuuuuute" she teased "but I think you do need a few pointers especially if you're counting on slow dance Midoriya" she giggled.

Izuku immediately turned around to his phone, dancing was one thing but dancing with a girl he was going red at the thought.
As he was checking his phone Mina spoke up "Midoriya I've got an idea"
When Mina had an idea it was sometimes in the middle of good and bad but izuku decided to look up and take her up on whatever idea she had. "What do you have in mind Ashido" he asked her. She went to speak but Izuku's phone went off, curfew was in 10 mintues. "That'll have to wait till tomorrow plus it'll give me time to think it over more. Come on we should head back though before it gets too late"
"Y-yeah sure thing Ashido"

They got back to the dorms and before they went their separate ways Mina turned and in sing-song said "see you tomorrow" Izuku only nodded in reply and turned before he went red, but he smiled to himself for some reason though he felt embarrassed and thought *i wonder if she... no i probably need to get better first*
Though they didn't realise, this would spark an almost new kind of change to their friendship as well as new kinds of emotions.