Chapter 2 help goes both ways

~A/N I decided to write a bit more, a little bit of an experiment of things as I have thought of another fanfic, a fantasy adventure set in a dungeons and dragons type world but with added fantasy elements. Otherwise enjoy chapter 2 of this story.~

Slowly getting up Izuku checked his phone "almost 7 o'clock huh?" He said aloud. He wanted to get some early training done but he kept thinking what Mina said last night to him. "You do need some pointers especially if you're counting on slow dancing"
He smiled to himself, she's right.
He looked around and got up grabbing his headphones then headed outside to the lounge area of the dorm.

He was going to make himself breakfast but instead he sat down on the lounge, plugged the headphones in and opened up his phone then went into the search bar his hand shaking a little as he began to type "well here goes" he told himself, slow dancing tutorials and how videos began popping up. He closed his eyes and pushed a finger onto the screen as he put his headphones in.

As if a monster was being unleashed, Mina was woken up by the the sound of her stomach, she giggled "oh yeah bacon pancakes if we've got bacon left"
She was on her way to the kitchen before she saw something moving out of the corner of her eye.
She blinked a few times to focus her eyes and realised what she was looking at, the hair of this person was similar like hers but green, it was Izuku but what was he doing up this early especially not training she thought.

She crept up to where he was sitting, looked over and saw it. He was watching a video on his phone not just any video but a video where people were slow dancing, she almost couldn't believe it and almost couldn't contain her excitement as a little eep sound escaped her mouth but with his headphones Izuku didn't hear it *he's watch a dancing video oh my gosh, that girl is going to be amazed when he busts out those moves* she thought to herself

As he was watching he noticed a pair of eyes on the screen, that's a weird pop up he thought. He moved his finger to flick the eyes but instead of going away they blinked. A face came into view an all too familiar face, he slowly turned his head around his cheeks going red as he did to finally see Mina standing there grinning from ear to ear.

"I-I-I was just-" he couldn't finish, he turned away pulling his headphones out as he did. Mina walked around, standing in front of Izuku and her curiosity got the better of her "Sooooo who's the lucky girl" she blurred out.

He wasn't up for answering but he still wanted to "Th-that's the thing Ashido, there isn't any g-girl" as he said it he felt strangely better.
Mina raised an eyebrow "Dude that's not going to work, there has to be a girl. Just like there is going to be actual slow dancing"

He didn't have time to register as Mina moved forward and pulled him up, placing his hands on her waist and placing her hands on his shoulders. Izuku was going really red beet red almost "A-ashido w-what... ummm" he mumbled out.
He didn't look at her, he couldn't. His hands were shaking and he tried to speak again but couldn't.

Mina tilted her head "Hey Midoriya, loosen up a little. I know i was sudden but relax we'll just focus more on movement rather than the dance it's okay?"
To her surprise he turned a little to look at her and gave a half smile "Y-yeah sure" he replied
She couldn't help but giggle and smile back, though he was uneasy with the whole thing he felt warm inside.

They moved together for a little while longer before deciding to stop, Izuku decided he should head back up to get ready for class and other things and awkwardly walked off. "You're going to get better at it don't worry Midoriya" Mina said quietly to herself, she then remembered the reason she came down stairs in the first place, breakfast.

Izuku decided to approach Mina just before the day had finished and he figured out what he was going to say "Hey Ashido, can I ask you s-something?"
Mina thought of teasing him asking about the girl but decided against it
"Sure Midoriya what's up?"
"I was wondering since y-you been helping with the d-dancing is there anything you would l-like help with?"

She looked at him for a little bit and he started to scratch the back of his head and laugh nervously
"Well we've only really had one tiny practice session we could continue though" winking as she said it making his cheeks go red "but as for you helping me first that's so sweet of you second I've got an assignment due in like 4 days and I'm stuck and it's annoying and it's this and that" she began trailing off with her words
"S-sure" Izuku said bringing her back to reality.

"Now that's what I'm talking about" she responded fist pumping but continued "that settles it once school is finished I'll swing by your room get some of this assignment done then get our groove on"
Izuku realised what she said but she was so overjoyed that she wouldn't listen to another word, all he had to do was wait. But from what books and movies say about a boy and girl alone in a room, he just waved at Mina and walked off incase it got awkward.

               ~A few hours later~
"Where did I leave it? It's got to be around here somewhere." Izuku was saying to himself after a while he found what he was looking for his phone. He checked the time "5:30 oh n-no Mina could be here any minute, why do we have to use a dorm room we-" he was cut off by a knock at the door.

He opened it to see Mina standing there holding a few bags of potato chips and a bottle of soft drink, also she was wearing jeans and a hoodie while he was still in his uniform. He realised he was starting as she called him back into reality "Hey you ok Midoriya? You kinda spaced out there for a minute"
"O-oh I'm fine Ashido, let's start start your assignment"

After they had done enough on the assignment Mina said aloud "We should continue practicing your dancing"
Izuku stood up his cheeks turned red a little as he held out his hand and said "M-Mina may I have this dance with you"
She was a bit surprised at this he didn't usually say people's first names, plus he was the one that extended his hand. It was now turn for her to blush as her cheeks went lilac, it seems he noticed too "A-are you on A-ashido? Are y-you feeling sick?" He ask
"I'm fine Midoriya, I'm just getting a bit hot in this hoodie" she replied
Realising what she was about to do izuku turned away
"Ok you can look back now" she giggled, he let out a sigh of relief as he saw she was wearing a t-shirt.

She got her phone and put a slow song on and stepped closer, she put his left hand on her waist and put her right hand on his shoulder. She then grabbed his free hand with hers, Izuku went red in the face but smiled, as they danced Mina looked in Izuku's eyes *has his eyes always been that green, that nice looking* she thought, she felt something strange with her stomach... butterflies? Why would she be getting butterflies, she shrugged the feeling off.

They continued like this for a while longer even after the song had finished.  As they let go of each other, Mina was the first to look away. She turned around to pick up her hoodie *why does this feel weird, he's my friend but there's something different about him now* she thought as she bit her bottom lip.
"Dinner will b-be getting made soon" Izuku spoke.
"Yeah sure" Mina replied approaching the door
"We can catch up sometime tomorrow if y-you want. See you then I-Izuku" Mina said as she was walking out her cheeks going lilac again.
"W-why was that so difficult? Ahhh now I-I'm stuttering" Mina said to herself walking back to her room.

"At least I'm getting better but.... but why is it when she's around now I'm feeling different like the dancing is actually becoming fun strangely. Maybe somethings will change tomorrow then" Izuku said aloud while looking at his clothes in his wardrobe.