02

For the dinner, my mom sent a long floor length black body hugging dress which emphasizes my curves with only one hand which is long sleeve that flares at the end. It has some intricate designs around the waist area which are so breathtaking and overall I absolutely love the dress. After a lot of contemplation, I decide to pair it with a simple black Christian Louboutin heels that isn't too high.

After taking a shower and doing my make up natural with bright red lipstick (what some know as my signature colour) and my hair which I decided to make a bone straight bob, I put on the dress and look at myself in the mirror smoothing my hands down my side.

I remember after I had the twins I was so self conscious of my body. I had some stretch marks, fuller breasts and thick ass and hips. I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I had often wondered if that was why Henry no longer desired me. If he was getting it from some skinny model-looking blonde. Looking back, now, I feel ridiculously stupid for thinking that way. If he didn't want all of this thickness, it's his loss. Girls of nowadays go to great lengths and pay thousands just to have a body like this and I was self conscious about it? Fuck him and fuck that.

After some time and work, I began to appreciate my body more and build an immunity against the stupid comments of slim females who envied my body.

"Mom, Jason is hogging the remote all to himself again!" Jamie shouts breaking me out of my reverie as he runs into my room panting. As soon as he sees me he halts in his steps. "Wow."

I grin at him. He walks closer as if mesmerised and smiles. "You look beautiful, mom."

"Thank you, baby." I lean down a bit and kiss his forehead. Between he and his brother, he reminds me the most of Henry. Same hair, same nose, same facial expressions and he is getting really tall too so I'm sure he would be as tall as his father when he grows up. Sometimes, seeing him makes me just want to bawl my eyes out.

After making sure everything was good with the boys, I left. I had only known Rose for a few hours but I got the vibe that she was responsible so this helped me stay a bit calm. At least one thing was alright tonight.

After getting into my car, I begin the drive to the address my mom had sent to my phone.

I know I'm going to see Henry tonight. There's no doubt about that. The Wallace family is one of the founding families so they have to be there. I am both looking forward to seeing him and dreading it, in equal parts.

If he really is in a relationship now, I really don't want to see him and Jessica together. For show or not. After such a long time, I am only just realising that I still held this stupid notion of us being together again and it really isn't making my life any easier to live happily. But maybe seeing them together will give me some closure. Who knows?

I arrive at the building, finally, and thankfully there is no red carpet or press as this is usually a very private banquet. After handing security my invite they let me in and as soon as I walk in, my eyes are bombarded with several different colours and textures of dresses, it is slightly overwhelming. I haven't been in this kind of environment in over three years. Where every lady is trying to one up another with their appearance and what not.

I walk in and immediately a few people identify me. I see the shocked expressions of a few women right before they move into packs and begin their whispering. Henry and I's divorce wasn't a quiet affair. Everyone who was anyone knew about it.

I mean, this society rarely had divorces as it is filled with stuck up botox injected women who still remain with their old cheating husbands because of the money and their reputation so someone getting a divorce here is considered scandalous. It's honestly ridiculous.