09

Finally, it's Friday evening. My bags are packed and so are that of the boys.

Once it's 5 pm, I drive them to Anastasia's home. She had been so thrilled when I asked her if they could stay with her so that helped make me less worried.

In all honesty, I am a lot excited about this trip. A girls trip to unwind is just what I need right now after all the shit that my life has been turned into. Up until Alice suggested it, I didn't realized how badly I needed a getaway

We arrive at the Wallace estate soon and I immediately go to get the boys bags.

They hold onto my hands tightly, on both sides, as we walk up the steps leading to the massive entrance doors.

Anastasia immediately opens the door, a large grin on her face as she walks out, looking radiant as ever. I swear this woman is like a fine wine, getting better with age.

She hugs me and kisses both my cheeks before bending to hug the boys.

"Hey, Grandma." They greet her with wide smiles, this in turn makes me smile.

I hand the butler who walks out, their bags as I quickly turn to them squatting to their eye level.

"Now remember, I'm only a call away so if you want to talk to me for whatever reason, just tell grandma, okay?"

They nod vigorously with slightly sad looks on their faces. Heck, I'm sad. I've never been away from my children for even a day so this is going to be hard.

I hug them tightly, laying soft kisses on their foreheads before forcing myself to stand up and leave.

"Thank you, Anastasia." I look at her.

"Anytime." She says softly with a dismissive hand gesture. "And please, make sure you have fun, okay?"

"I will." I agree with a smile as I get back into the car and drive off to the airport where I will be meeting Alice. Initially, I was a little skeptical about driving myself there, but she assured me that my car will be taken home safely.

It's a slightly long drive to the airport due to the traffic, but I soon make it.

I drive into the private plane hangers where she said her father's jet would be waiting for me.

As I pull up into the tarmac, I notice that there are no cars there except for a black Bentley which wasn't familiar. I scrunch up my face in confusion. Alice asked me to be here by 6:30 and now it's almost 7pm yet no one is here yet.

I go to pull out my phone to call her when there is a knock on the window. I look up to see a young man who is dressed like an airport attendant. He gives me a smile. "Miss Freeman?"

"Yes?"

"The jet is waiting for you." He informs me with a head nod in the direction of the white majestic jet. The engines are already on from the sound of it, this just confuses me even more.

Not wanting to be rude though, I nod before getting out of the car. I go to take my bags from the trunk but the man is already doing that and passing it to another man who looks like a bodyguard of some sort in a black suit which covers his big frame. I find this a bit strange but I decide to just keep quiet.

We walk towards the jet and he pauses, "After you, ma'am."

"Thank you." I say with a polite smile as I walk up the steps. At the door, a beautiful blonde haired flight attendant is standing there immaculately dressed, her hair do neat without a strand out of place. Her make up is done to perfection and for a moment I can't help but admire her.