.5

-The pitter-patter of impact-

💠

Rain pours against the window pane, the pitter-patter of impact soothing to the ear. Outside was a blur of colors through the perspective of the window. The blinds illuminating the room in a (color) hue. Y/n looked at the pale ceiling and waited patiently. Her eyes droopy from the lack of sleep from the day before and previous others. Raising her hand she looked at her fingers in boredom and rotated. She let her hand fall limp against her mattress and looked to the side, '6:15 a.m.'. A groan slipped from her throat at the time, she was to be up around '7:00 a.m.'.

Trying to fall back into the inviting warmth of the covers and lullabies of sleep, Y/n closed her eyes once more and quieted her thoughts. For a minute, all was silent. "Why me? What have I done?" Sitting up slowly, she rubbed the sleep away and waited for her eyelids to cool down. Moving to the side, her legs dangled from the bed. She scoot off and fit her feet into her slippers. Opening the curtain, she looked out on the hazy unknown.

Y/n stretched for awhile, warming up her body for physical movement. Her bed tidy and clothes set. She walked down the stairs into the dark living room. There, her bag lay on the counter with breakfast already made. A small pastel pink note tucked underneath the home phone caught her attention, 'Dear daughter, I have been called to work earlier than expected. The orphanage seemed to have trouble caring for the children. Forgive me. Love, Mother.' She crumpled the paper and discarded it in disappointment.

-No matter what I do-

Yuuei came into view the further Y/n walked. She hummed slightly as she twirled her umbrella. Students ran into the school, hurrying to scan their I.D to enter. "Eep!" She turned back and out of reflex used her quirk, "Are you okay, Amajiki?" She smiled to reassure him and slowly released her quirk. He seemed to shrink into the uniform jacket and nodded his head shyly. Noticing him slightly damp she offered him a share. "I-I couldn't! T-T—Thank you any-anyway." He avoided eye contact and fiddled with his fingers, "Please, I insist. I wouldn't want you to catch a cold. It's only a short walk to Yuuei." She stretched out her hand, waiting for him to go under. He shook his head 'no' and frantically waved his hands. "Okay, Go ahead then. Be careful and try not to get too wet. See you in class." He awkwardly shuffled off with his face as red as magma.

Y/n sighed and looked up at the ever darkening sky, "No matter what I do, I never seem to reach you the way I wanted to." Walking to her designated locker she shook her umbrella and slipped it inside. The warning bell rang and she closed her locker. Putting on a smile she walked upstairs to her home room. The walk was fairly refreshing and she enjoyed waving hello to her friends along the way. She pushed the door open and stepped inside, "Morning, please sit. Class is to begin in a few." She nodded and walked to her seat. "Good Morning, Tōgata, Hadō!" "Good Morning, Himawari!" The two smiled back, almost exploding with happiness.

"Okay, as it's raining any rational teacher would let you do work instead," The Substitute said seemingly leading the students into thinking another way. "Fortunately, I am that rational teacher. You may talk, please don't overdo it." Slowly, the class erupted into chatter. (Name) took out a small book from her pocket and flipped to a bookmarked page. Reading, she smiled and snickered at the jokes written into the dialogue. As the book progressed an intense fight broke out. She furrowed her eyebrows and pursed her lips, feeling the fight inside her. Looking up she caught the eyes of Amajiki. He seemed to give her 'lovely' eyes filled with longing. He blinked and looked away his face red, then he slammed his face down into his desk. She blushed and looked back to her book, she tried to continue but thoughts of Amajiki swarmed her head.

Y/n groaned and covered her face in embarrassment. She could hear Mirio's voice reassuring Amajiki while Hadō chuckled at his foolishness. Shakily, she released a breath. Placing her hand over her beating heart she calmed herself, "It's fine (Name). Maybe your faces were weird."