Liar. ~ Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

                                                                                   with my feelings on fire
                                                                                guess i'm a bad liar.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Friday morning*

Tryouts today. I can't believe how fast this week flew by. Also, my ankle is still KILLING me, it hasn't seemed to have gotten any better. And I can't tell my mom what's wrong, or else she'll find out that I snuck into the school with Luca. My mom is the kindest and most intelligent person I've ever met, but at serious times, she's harsh and intimidating , and she always cracks me open every time she suspects something is wrong. She's the only one who can see right through my tough personality, and always understands me. Although we're not able to spend a lot of time together because of her full-time job as a nurse, I don't know what I'd do without her.

I stretch out my limbs while in bed, forgetting I can't flex my ankle without it hurting, my eyes widened and I winced at the sharp, pain that quickly spread through my ankle. I froze in place, with my limbs still extended, and took a deep breath.

Inhale

Exhale

It's okay Rylee, the week is almost over, all we have are two tryouts. One tonight, at 6, and one Saturday morning at 9:30. I wonder how good the other girls are, I hope I'll be able to keep up with all of them with my ankle.

I slowly turn, and get up from my bed, laying my feet gently on my soft, white carpet. I look down at my bare feet, and see that my messed up ankle is bruised BADLY. The back of my heel is completely purple, and it wraps around to the top of my foot, but it isn't quite as dark purple on my foot. My foot and ankle are extremely swollen, although it somehow seems to be going down, despite me not taking any medical care to it.

I walk over to my still-messy closet and pull out a simple white shirt, skinny jeans, and my favorite black varsity-jacket, leaving my hair down. It was a struggle putting on my shoes and socks, but when I looked down, the swollen-ness was hardly noticeable. But my limp was VERY noticeable.

I quickly shout out a "Bye, mom, cya later!" And she yells out "Okay, have a good day at school, love ya!" She's completely oblivious as to what's wrong with me

And she yells out "Okay, have a good day at school, love ya!"
She's completely oblivious as to what's wrong with me. Frankly, I'm upset that she works so much. Leaving me at home alone, and me having to warm up frozen foods every night, making me feel even more isolated.
It's whatever though, I need to get my head in the game, even hours before the tryout, if I get in a bad mood beforehand I usually don't play to the best of my ability, although I still play amazingly, and you probably wouldn't be able to tell if I was feeling shaken up, but I for sure as hell would. You'd never notice because I'm good at hiding things, like my emotions, except for maybe anger. As I said earlier, the only person who can see through me is my mom.