Through The Garden - Chapter 9

CHAPTER NINE

                                                                     i've never needed you like i do right now
                                                                     i've never hated you like i do right now.
                                                                      'cause all you ever do is make me cry...
__________________________________________________________________________________

     In this moment everything turned to nothing. She's gone. I've lost the last person I have. I've felt unwanted by everyone my entire life but i never thought for one second my mom would leave me, especially like this. I know nothing stays forever but i thought my mom would always be here for me. I'm overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions my brain can't handle this it. Everything hurts so much. My head feels heavy.

I feel someone pulling me up and then walking me to the house. It's Mr. Hughes but he doesn't say a word. He walks me into the house with Connor watching from the dark yard. He opens the door for us and follows us inside. Mr Hughes asks Connor to go to his room for a while and he takes me to the living room and sits me down. I immediately fall behind me into the cushion as stiff as a board with tears still running down my face. Mr. Hughes clears his throat.

"Rylee... i know you have a lot going through your head right now and that's okay. You're going to stay with us and it'll all be fine I promise."

Mr. Hughes reaches into his pocket and pulls out an envelope.

"This is from your mother. I'd rather have you read it yourself to understand what's going on." He places it next to me and gives me a comforting shoulder rub.

He leaves the room and Connor comes down. He stands looking at me with his hands in his pockets. Then He comes and sits down next to me. I have nothing to say to him. I try to cover my face to spare myself the embarrassment. He says just two words to me: "Come on." and pulls me up and props me up against his arm.

He walks too fast for me, but he brings me to the other side of the house. He opens a door then He clears his throat.

"This is the den." I barely have time to look before he brings me to the next part. " door to the basement."

He continues to quickly lead me around his huge mansion until we get to the the upstairs and see his dad waiting. He shows me to the guest room and tells me this is where i'll be staying. It's very white and bare but it's still elegant just like every other room in his house. Mr. Hughes tells me if i ever need anything his bedroom's on the first floor.

I assume this is the last stop on the tour and i let go of connor's arm and begin to walk into the room but Connor grabs my arm and then pulls me back to him and leads me down the stairs. My wet eyes stain his white dress shirt as he walks me to the back yard.

And I've never seen anything so beautiful. A cascade of green vines and flowers in every color come into view. It's like something out a movie. He leads me down a stone path a bit too quick, because my ankle and head are killing me.

I make an effort to admire the shining lantern posts and tall green trees. How big is this yard? The path is winding but finally we get to a beautiful stone fountain. I'm in complete awe. We sit on a stone bench and watch the fountain shoot out its rays of water delicately into the pools below. There are draping lights hung on the trees that beautiful hang over the fountain. With Connor in his dress shirt and me still in my sparkly blue dress... this feels like an actual movie.

Connor hasn't said anything but i appreciate him being here i guess... I sniffle and then lean my head back and try to take it all in but get a sharp pain in my head. I grab my head and all my problems come rushing back to me. Connor hears me begin to cry and looks at me. He lets me keep crying for a while until he says, "Stop. Listen to the fountain." and turns back to look at it.

I try to focus on my breathing and I do as he says. All of a sudden my eyes feel heavy and they begin to flutter in exhaustion. I feel myself lean onto the tree next to me and i'm out like a light.

__________________________________

Okayyy I think this is my favorite chapter so far.. plz follow and favorite :)) you're beautiful and know your worth. I love you -Oak