Tryouts ~ Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

                                                                                i should've stayed at home
                                                                               cuz i was doin better alone.

__________________________________________________________________________________

As soon as I walked in, all of the boys stopped talking and playing music on the speaker and just stared at me. I looked around and saw that most of them were checking me out...

OH MY GOD. I'M LITERALLY SURROUNDED BY MAYBE 35 BOYS AND ALL OF THEM ARE PRETTY DANG CUTE. (Lol) But just because they're hot, doesn't make this situation any less awkward.

"What the hell?!" I hear one guy yell, looking up from  tying his skates.

I quickly realized that my mouth was still open from being surprised with a locker room full of cute boys, when I was expecting to see a room full of girls. I closed my mouth, and tried to hide the fact that I was embarrassed, from the boys, who were still staring at me by the way.

I try to play it off, roll my eyes and say, "You guys smell like shit." I walk over, hiding my limp, into the corner of the room and plop my bag down.

I heard a few guys chuckle, I don't know if they were laughing at my comment or at the fact I'm a girl playing a "boy's sport".

I keep my head down, staring at the ground, and put in earbuds and think about my options. Well, I could just leave, and not have to go through this embarrassment. That would be so easy! I already know that's not an option. I can't let Connor get the best of me.

While zoned out, a pair of shoes comes into view. I slowly glance up, and guess who it is! I bet you'll never guess! Connor Fucking Brooks, himself! He smiles the most evil, but beautiful smile at me.

"You did this on purpose!" I scream at him, getting up from the bench and into his face, although with him towering over me, especially with his skates on, I'm not very threatening-looking.

I know that all of the other guys are staring at both of us right now.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Harris." He replies, still smiling at me, trying to look all innocent.

"Just get out of my face, Brooks!" I push him backwards, away from me.

I angrily sit myself down and unzip my bag.

Connor looks down at me, shocked, but maintaining his composure.

"You're not really trying out for the team, are you?" He smirks

I angrily throw my knee pad back into my bag, "What am I, a joke to you?"

He scoffs.

"Yeah, good luck with that, Harris." And with that he turns and walks away, I see him laugh with a small group of boys near him, and occasionally, they would look back at me. Talking about me, of course.