Part 2 Chapter 8: A Reignited Flame

That next night, everything was the same as usual. Almost everything anyway. Lancelot and Elaine were fighting as usual. While Galahad was playing with the huns, Lancelot and Elaine were in their exhibit fighting. Their fight this time seemed more intense. "Why won't you allow me to spend time with our son? Why can't you just let the past be in the past?!" Lancelot said as he and Elaine argued. "I don't want him turning into a vain and pompous jerk like you!" Elaine responded. Hearing their arguing, Larry came bursting into the room. "Okay you two that's enough!" he yelled as he got in between Lancelot and Elaine. "We are all starting to get really sick and tired of you two always fighting! Come with me! We are ending it now!" Larry yelled as he grabbed both of their arms and drug them to the Egyptian exhibit. "Irissa, Ahk. You two busy?" He asked as he let go of Lancelot's and Elaine's arms "Fighting again?" Irissa asked as Ahkmenrah hung his tablet back on the wall. "I'm surprised that you two couldn't hear them fighting from here" Larry commented. "Oh we did. We were just about go investigate" Ahkmenrah responded. "Do you guys think you could help clear up whatever these two have?" Larry asked. "Of course! We used to do it all the time back in Egypt" Irissa responded.

"Now then, Elaine you stand over here and Lancelot you stand right there What were they arguing about?" Ahkmenrah told them as he pointed to separate spots in the room. "Now then, here is what we are going to do. Until you both find a way to find a middle ground with each other and be co parents, Galahad shall be put next to the Easter Island Head in the hall" Ahkmenrah said. "What?!" Lancelot and Elaine said at the same time. "You heard him. Until you two can kiss and make up, Galahad shall remain with the Easter Island head during the day and at night, Atilla and the others shall look after him" Irissia told them. "For now, why don't you two go to the lounge and talk things out?" Irissia suggested. "Larry, take Galahad to Atilla and the others please" Ahkmenrah said as he looked at Larry. Larry then nodded and started to walk out the door. "You shall do no such thing dangly bells!" Lancelot yelled to Larry as he walked out of the exhibit. Larry then turned to face Lancelot with narrowed eyes. "Oh yeah? Watch me" Larry taunted before he walked out of the room. Ahkmenrah and Irissia then escorted Lancelot and Elaine to the lounge and locked them in there. After Ahkmenrah locked the door, Lancelot tried to kick the door open only to fail. "So Lancelot, you really want me to give you a second chance?" Elaine asked him as Lancelot sat down across from her at the table. "Well obviously" Lancelot said as he put his sword down on the floor. "And why should I give you a chance?" Elaine asked him as she sat back in her seat. "Well for one, look at me! I'm smart, strong, witty, and not to mention devilishly handsome!" Lancelot replied as she started to boast and brag about himself. "Besides, whether you like it or not, I am Galahad's father and since we literally can't die anymore, we are going to be together for the rest of eternity and we may as well spend it as a family! Either way, we wouldn't even be in here like this if it wasn't for dangly bells!" Lancelot exclaimed. "You know his name is Lawrence right? Not Dangly Bells" Elaine said. "Yes,but he reminds me of Eric. You know, the fool from Camelot with the hat with the little" Lancelot started to say. "Dangly bells" Lancelot and Elaine said at the exact same time. They both then let out a small laugh before they sat in silence.

They then heard a soft knock before Larry entered the room. "How's it going in here?" he asked. Lancelot looked at Elaine. "Things are going.. Well" she responded. "I have an idea" he said as he handed Lancelot and Elaine pieces of paper and a pencil. "I want you both to write down things that you would like to happen and to stop happening regarding the other person. You two aren't allowed to talk to each other until you are both finished" Larry said. After a few moments, Elaine and Lancelot had completed their lists. "So, here is what we came up with so far..." Elaine said as she started to read. "I am going to give Lancelot a chance, let him spend time with Galahad, and let him try to be a good father" Elaine read off of her list. "In turn, I am going to try to be more aware of people and their feelings. However, Elaine you are not to push me away from Galahad and you will let all bad events from the past stay in the past" Lancelot said as she looked over at Elaine. "Alright, but you are not to be bragging and gloating all the time. I am willing to let the bad events stay in the past if you don't mention it. Deal?" Elaine responded as she held out a hand. "Deal" Lancelot said happily took her hand and shook it. Before letting go of her hand, he gently kissed it. "Now to make it official" Larry said as he took the pieces of paper from them and he left the room.