Part 2 Chapter 10: Past Truths

A few minutes past since the sun had set that next evening and everyone was going about their normal business. "Larry, Tilly. Do either of you have a moment?" Irissia asked Larry and Tilly after they walked out of the Egypt exhibit. "Yah. Sure. What's up? Is everything alright?" Larry asked as he hooked his keys onto the keyring on his belt. "Is Craig taking your stuff and playing dress up with it again?" Tilly asked. "No Tilly. Everything is fine. It's just that I wish to surprise Ahkmenrah for our anniversary and I am going to need your help. I want to do something special for him since our last one together didn't exactly go as well as we had wanted" Irissia said to them as she referred to her untimely death. "Gotcha. What did you have in mind?" Larry asked her. "We could throw a huge Ancient Egyptian themed party and invite all sorts of people! We could turn it into a fundraiser party for the museum!" Tilly said excitedly before Irissia could speak. "I was thinking of something simple" Irissia told them when Tilly calmed down. "Something simple? Like what?" Larry asked confused. "Well, I was hoping Ahkmenrah and I could go for a walk outside the museum. I was wondering if you could get some simple civilian clothes for us and allow us to go outside unnoticed. Of course we would be back before the sun rise" Irissia said. "Is that what you really want?" Larry asked as he questioned Irissia. Irissia then nodded her head. 'Yes it is. We could still have a fundraiser on that night too. Ahkmenrah and I could go on our walk, come back here and change and then make an appearance at the party!" Iris told him excitedly. "What's this I hear about a fundraiser?" Dr McPhee asked as he walked towards the main desk. "Iris and Ahk's anniversary is coming up next month and we were thinking of holding a fundraiser party for them to celebrate" Larry explained to Dr. McPhee. "A fundraiser party for the museum to celebrate an anniversary for the museum's most beloved exhibit? Hmm. I like it! I am so glad that I came up with it!" Dr. McPhee said as everyone tried to contain their laughter. "I shall go start the preparations! Good thing I have people on speed dial!" Dr. McPhee said as he eagerly walked to his office. "So about the other thing. Could we possible do that?" Irissia asked nervously. "We will see what we can do." Tilly said as Irissia smiled happily. "Thank you" Irissia said as Tilly hugged her. Irissia then walked off to join Shepseheret in the kitchen.

"Uncle Ahkie! Uncle Craig watch this!" Galahad said as he swung Atilla's sword. "Hey kid, that was actually pretty cool!" Craig said very amused. After a few minutes of Craig and Ahkmenrah playing with Galahad on the floor, Elaine and Lancelot walked out to where they were holding hands. "Having fun Galahad?" Elaine asked. "Yes mama!" Galahad responded with a big smile on his face. "Hey Mama, Papa, watch this!" Galahad said as he swung Atilla's sword again. "Tada!" Galahad said after he was finished. Lancelot and Elaine then clapped. "Marvelous job Galahad!" Lancelot said still clapping. "That was fantastic!" Elaine added. When they were finished clapping, Galahad ran to his parents and gave them both big hugs. "Come on Galahad, it is story time!" Elaine said as she and Lancelot held out their hands for Galahad. "Yay stories!" Galahad yelled in excitement as he took each of their hands. "Wait! You can't leave just yet! Ahkie don't let them take him!" Craig wined to Ahkmenrah. "I'm sorry Craig but there is nothing that I can do. Galahad is Lancelot and Elaine's son and they tell him what to do" Ahkmenrah said as he and Craig stood up from the floor and started walking back towards the Egyptian Exhibit.

"So wait, if that is their child, then where is yours?" Craig said as he motioned over to Galahad, Elaine and Lancelot walking together. "What are you talking about Craig?" Ahkmenrah asked him. "You know you were going to be a father too right?" Craig replied to him even more confused. "How do you know?" Ahkmenrah asked Craig as he tried to figure out the truth. "Iris told me. The night of your anniversary while you were gone, I fell out of a tree and she told me" Craig replied. "Mother. Father. Have you seen where Iris went to?" Ahkmenrah asked as his parents as he and Craig entered their exhibit. "Why yes. She was in the kitchen when I last saw her. Why? Is everything alright my child?" Shepseheret questioned him as she inspected his face. "Everything is fine mother. I just need to speak with Iris" Ahkmenrah said as he was determined to find out the truth. "What is it that you need to speak to her about?" Merenkahre asked his son. "Oh I know this one!" Craig said as he raised his hand eagerly. "Ahkmenrah was supposed to be a father long ago and Iris didn't tell him" Craig said as he put his hand down. "You were going to be parents?" Merenkahre asked them in shock. "We were going to be grandparents?!" Shepseheret added. "I was going to be an uncle!" Craig said as he tried to include himself in the conversation. "I was going to show Craig Jr. how to be just as cool as I am!" Craig said proudly.

After everyone glared at Craig, a familiar voice was heard humming. When everyone looked to see where the humming was coming from, they saw it was Irissia. She was walking into the exhibit holding a plate of freshly baked cookies. "Hello all. Care for some? I just made them." Irissia asked them as she held out the plate for them. "Ohh cookies!" Craig said happily as he took the entire plate and started shoving them into his mouth. "Hello darling" Irissia said as she went to kiss Ahkmenrah on the cheek. "Irissia, stop. I know you are hiding something from me" Ahkmenrah started to say. "Ahem" Shepseheret said as she cleared her throat. "And my parents" Ahkmenrah added as Shepseheret smiled with approval. Irissia looked at them confused. "Me? Hiding something from you and your parents?" Irissia asked them confused. "Don't play dumb. Craig already told us. Is it true? When were you going to tell us?! What else aren't you telling us?!" Ahkmenrah asked her angrily. After thinking for a moment, Irissia finally realized what they were talking about. "Ahkmenrah my darling, please calm down. I know what you are talking about now. Yes it is true. I was once bearing your child" Irissia said with a sigh. "I tried to tell you that night, but we both know how well that went" Iris replied as she hung her head as she tried to hold back her tears.

After seeing how upset Irissia was, Ahkmenrah then put his hand on her shoulder. "Ahkmenrah please just don't" Irissia said as she took his hand off of her shoulder. "Iris, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He told her as he lifted her head up. "I'm just sorry that I wasn't there to protect you that night. If I would have there, then I would have been able to protect you and we could have had our own family" Ahkmenrah said as he hugged Irissia tight. "There is no way to change the past now my son." Merenkahre told him as he put his hand on Ahkmenrah's shoulder. "It wasn't your fault my child. There was no way of predicting it" Shepseheret said as she placed her hand on Ahkmenrah's other shoulder to try to console him. "Listen Ahk, I know that you feel guilty for not protecting our unborn child and me when I was killed, but the past is the past and we can't change that. No one knew what was going to happen. But all that matters now is that we have each other and that will never change." Iris said as they pulled away from each other's embrace and she put her hand on Ahkmenrah's face as they stared into each other's eyes. "Besides, Craig is already a handful" Irissia said playfully as they watched Craig shove the last cookie into his mouth and devour it.