After You

Lan Xichen gazed at the body three feet away from him, the lifeless body of his lover, his new life, his everything. His heart beating loudly against his chest and it was the only sound he could hear around him. Shuoyue fell to the ground as he struggles his way towards the body, in the corners of his eyes he can see the blurred image of his brother and Wei Wuxian shouting to him. He couldn't hear them nor does he want to listen to them, he has something more important to make sure of.

"Wanyin," he muttered as he continues to walk towards Jiang Cheng's body.

Jiang  Cheng didn't answer. He didn't even open his eyes. Without any response, Lan Xichen heard the loud banging of his chest as it made its way to his ears. It hurts, his heart aches. His whole body turning cold. His eyes feel on Zidian, it was no longer emitting light, no longer flashing with purple sparks just like earlier. It was no different from a normal whip anymore.

No, his not. He's not dead, he is not.

He called unto Jiang Cheng again but same as before, Jiang Cheng didn't answer him. He felt his knees weakening, still, he forced himself to walk, to get near him. To hold him close. To feel him. To drown himself with his warmth. 

Why? He asked himself, I can't lose him too.

"Wanyin," he softly called as his knees gave up beside Jiang Cheng's body... besides his lover's body who is bathing in his own blood. His heart grew heavy when he caresses his lover's bloodstained cheek, it was slowly losing its warm. The warmth that Lan Xichen loved every second when he's in contact with it. Slowly, he lifted Jiang Cheng's upper body to lean on him, to save the remaining warm that he has.

Lan Xichen held his lover's lifeless body close, he heard his brother's muffled call but he didn't face him, his attention was glued to the person in his embrace. Guarding it, hoping his long lashes would flutter open despite his warm fading. "A-Cheng, let's not play this, please," he laughs but somehow it came out like a plead. This has to be a game, a game that Lan Xichen hates. To pretend to be dying, to pretend to die. To pretend not to breathe. To pretend not to open his eyes. Lan Xichen hates those kinds of play and tricks that Jiang Cheng does.

Not only does his heartache and is pounding loudly, his whole body trembling but also his eyes are beginning to sting. It's like his whole being was being hit, stab and separated. Slowly but painfully breaking him. "A-Cheng,  this is not the time for playing dead," Lan Xichen plead his lover. He pleaded. He is desperate already. Does Jiang Cheng need to see his tears as well? Does he need to hear him cry like a wounded dog for him to open his eyes?

Lan Wangji watched his brother slowly losing himself, the dirt on his snow-white robe and traces of blood on bitchen, he didn't notice them. Only his brother and the person beside him. He glanced at Wei Wuxian, his eyes turning deadly red as malevolent energy gathered around him, his eyes were the same as his brother, fixed to Jiang Wanyin's body. They didn't think that the corpses would be strong enough to hurt thirty people in a short matter of time. Enough to kill one strong Sect Leader.

"Wei Ying, " he called to Wei Wuxian but got ignored. Wei Wuxian's head whipped towards the dismembered and the already rotting corpses that had died again.

"You shit pieces!" He angrily yelled towards the flesh in front of him, the strong aura around him not fading but only increasing. "I'll kill you all over and over again!" He said crushing an arm near his feet.

Just like his brother, Lan Wangji's heart hurts as well. To see his own loved one losing one of his remaining family in front of him. Wei Wuxian was also breaking. It hurts him too, to see his brother and his lover breaking at the same time. Just like them, he was hurting. He couldn't bear to see his brother being like that, he wants to help him but he couldn't bring himself to walk over. Something was telling him to stop and stay. To stop someone else, to seize the other one that was also losing himself. He turned his back away from his brother and caught Wei Wuxian by his wrist, enough to stop him from cursing the pulverized flesh.