Part 2

The remaining disciples help the wounded down the mountain, two YunMengJiang disciples help to assist Jin Ling back the inn, the only ones remaining was his brother, Wei Wuxian, him, Jiang Cheng's body that was still in his arms and a few of Jiang Sect disciples and his Lan Sect disciples. Five YunmengJiang disciples walk towards him but he didn't raise his head to receive their bows. "Sect Leader Lan," the one in the middle spoke low, Lan Xichen can tell that the disciple was hurting as well, to lose their sect Leader in front of them, even if he was also a Jiang Sect disciple, he too will also grieve. "One of our elders request that we take... that we bring Sect Leader Jiang's body back to Lotus Pier," the boy managed to let out.

Lan Xichen froze, that's right. He can't bring Jiang Cheng to Gusu with him, he was after all not from his sect and he has a sect of his own. Not to mention what his uncle would say to him when he returns. But he didn't want to let him go, he didn't want to be apart from him, he just wants to stay with him.

"Brother," his brother called behind him. At first, he couldn't hear his call but now he can clearly hear it, loud and full of concern. He turned his head to face Lan Wangji, behind him was the small frame of Wei Wuxian's second body. His head faced to the ground, he could see the dark lines in his face, he didn't want to see his brother. Then his gaze to his younger brother, like always his face was devoid of any emotion but then his eyes spoke too many words that he couldn't read.

Wangji, he thought as his eyes that were full of tears somehow soften at the sight of his brother. "Can I take  him down the mountain by myself?" He uttered to the five disciples.

The boys turned to each other, surprised of what Lan Xichen wished to them, not long after, they nodded at each other seeming to understand what was happening.  "Of course Sect Leader Lan," the one from before answered. "We thank Sect Leader Lan for the help," he bid him goodbye and left along with his other disciples. Lan Xichen stood up, lifting Jiang Cheng's body in his arms.

"Wangji, you can go down first," he said to his brother, his back facing him. He didn't want his brother to see him at his worst for the second time. Seeing his tears is already enough, he can't face him with a dignified aura anymore. "I'll go back to see uncle after..."

"It's alright," his brother answered. "You can stay with," then his eyes traveled to his brother who's carrying the Jiang Sect Leader in his arms. "You can stay in YunMengJiang, I will tell uncle."

He smiled, his brother is too kind to him. Thank the gods for letting him have Lan Wangji as his brother, to have this person beside him is really a blessing. He nodded his head an started to walk towards the direction were the five YunMengJiang disciples disappeared not long ago.

Lan Wangji watched his brother disappears through the dark night of the forest. He turned around and gracefully bend down to pick a sword on the ground, like his bitchen it was also stained by blood. He turned to Wei Wuxian whose head hanging, he was weak. He might have cried earlier and the dark miasma around him already vanish, nothing made him feel better. After picking up Shuoyue, he then walks towards where his brother and the younger Sect Leader was before. Bending twice, he picks up both Zidian, who already returned to being a ring and Sandu both appearances of the deadly weapons was no different from normal sword and ring.

Zidian who used to flash strong purple thunder-like sparks died out and turned itself to its original form. "Do you want to stay here?" He asks the person beside him. "I'll take you to Lotus-"

"I don't want to stay there," Wei Wuxian answered. "He's not there anymore." He said weakly, Jiang Cheng isn't there anymore, no one will shout at him whenever he tried to steal some lotus seeds from the near ponds, no one would yell at him when he's sleeping on the roof of one of the training ground and most of all no one would chase him around the residence with a whip in hand. One would definitely cower themselves away from the Sect Leader of the said sect but to him, to Wei Wuxian is was like being a child again. It was like being careless again, to be chase around just like his youthful days. It was fun. Never mind it hurts as long as its fun, he'll gladly do it again and again.