Can You Hear Me? Pt. 2

"Good morning baby. Uh i-is that alright if I call you that?" A deep voice asks softly, hesitantly. 

You wake up to the sound of your soulmate's voice. You roll over expecting to see him there next to you but he's not. There's a soft pang in your heart again but you push it away.

You giggle softly at Johnny's shy stuttering. "Yeah that's fine. I like it." You smile even though Johnny can't see you.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks you.

"Mmmhmm, I did. How about you...love?" You ask him, testing out a nickname for him.

"Love. She called me love." Johnny almost choked out of surprise on his food when you called him that. His heart fluttered and he smiled like a fool. "I slept good." He takes another bite of food. 

You sit up in bed and stretch, groaning as your muscles pull. Johnny hears you groan and gets concerned. "Are you okay Y/N?" You chuckle at the concern in his voice. "Yeah I'm fine. I didn't realize you could hear that. I was just stretching.

"Oh..." You can hear his embarrassment and you laugh a little more. "You're so cute Johnny." He sends his laughter back down the bond, "Thanks babe. You are too ya know." You shake your head and laugh at him, cheeks growing red. 

Getting out of bed, you narrate your routine to him. "Right now I'm trying to figure out what to wear today. It's getting cold with winter coming in." You stand in your closet with a finger on your lips trying to decide. "Hmmm.." Johnny hums in response. "How about something warm?" He makes a smart ass comment. This boy wasted no time getting comfortable with you and you really enjoyed it. It felt easy and natural.

"Well no shit sherlock." You retaliate. Johnny laughs loudly down the bond. "So my soulmate has a fiery streak in her. I like that." You wish he was here so you could swat him for that. 

"Believe me babe, I wish I was there too." He tells you softly.

 "Wait you heard that?" Your bond continues to surprise you. 

"Kind of? I heard part of it and felt you wanted me there..." He says. Then he goes silent for a minute.

"Johnny?" You say his name.

"Come here during Christmas break." He suddenly says, popping back in and startling you. 

"What?" You weren't sure if you heard him right.

"Come here for Christmas break. Come spend a few weeks with me after you see your family obviously."  

That sounds so amazing to you. The thought of going to see him pulls at your heart. Now you wish break was sooner. "Okay." You say finally. 

"Awesome." Johnny says in a breathy voice. You can practically see his grin. 

"Are you grinning right now love?" You ask laughing. 

"I am, how did you know?" He asks laughing back with you. 

"I don't know, I could just feel it. It was so bright." You tell him, cheeks turning pink at the soft confession. 

On the other side of the bond, Johnny's cheeks are doing the same. Both of you are turning into blushing soft messes because of each other.  

"Oh crap..." Johnny's turn to groan this time. "I have to get going and work on this film project with my group for class. I'll talk to you when I have the chance?" He sounds desperate like he doesn't want to leave you. 

"Yeah that's alright but I don't want to distract you. Besides I'll either be studying or whatever until Maeve drags me to go do something." You give him a little mental shove to get going.