Can You Hear Me? Pt.7

Your comment makes him laugh, white teeth glinting in the lamplights as he glances over at you. "Sure baby we can."

You smile back at him. "I have a sudden craving for a Matcha Latte. And it's Chicago. Aren't the Starbucks supposed to be like super good?" 

Johnny laughs again and shakes his head. "My god you're adorable," which sends a fresh blush to your cheeks, "I guess they're okay, I mean I've never really compared Starbucks." 

"Ahh..."  You hum in response and resume your place at the window, happy to be getting Starbucks soon. 

Soon Johnny pulls into the Starbucks parking lot and puts the car in park. "Come on babe. You should walk some more because of the flight." 

You unbuckle your seat belt and reach for the door handle but then the door was already opened with Johnny waiting patiently for you. 

"After you my love." He bows like a butler and gestures with his hand. You get out of the car and hit him softly. 

"I didn't realize you were such a dork. But thank you kind sir."  You say with a soft light. "And he's a gentleman. Mom will like that, extra brownie points for him."  You think to yourself. 

Johnny just smiles at you, very proud of himself. He grabs your hand and you two go into Starbucks. 

"Ummm... I'll have a tall Matcha Latte, iced please."  You tell the tired barista. You dig around in your bag for your wallet. When you finally retrieve it from the depths of your purse, the barista already has a card in hand and then hands the card back to Johnny. 

"Johnny! You didn't have to do that!"  You scold him. 

He just shrugs. 

"What type of person am I if I can't even buy my soulmate a drink from Starbucks her first night here?" He says with that cheeky smile of his.

Huffing and rolling your eyes, you wrap your arms around him. "Thank you, I appreciate it. But you're not paying for me always on this trip. Got it? You're still a college student too." 

Johnny wraps his arms around you and squeezes lightly. "Just let me spoil you a little. You deserve it." Then he kisses you softly on the top of your head and nuzzles your hair. 

You're pretty sure by the end of this trip you won't be solid anymore. You'll just be a pile of mush from the amount Johnny has made you melt. 

"Iced Americano for Johnny! Matcha Latte for Y/N!" The barista calls out, setting your drinks down on the counter.

Johnny untangles himself from you and grabs your drinks. He gestures to the door and you walk out, heading to his car. 

Back in the car and on the road, you wrap your hands around your latte and take a sip. 

"Oh my god, I needed this."  You moan."It's so good."

Johnny chuckles at your reaction, cheeks growing a little pink. "It's that good? Well, I'm glad we got one for you then." 

You look over at him. One hand on the wheel and the other on his drink, as he brings it up to his lips and takes a sip. Oh my god, those plump lips. He's driving you crazy at how effortlessly hot he is being. Add the slight smile and crinkled eyes and you're a goner. 

"I can feel you burning holes into my head. Do you like what you see?" He teases and looks at you, those brown eyes sparkling before going back to the road. 

You jump, startled that you were caught. A familiar heat creeps back into your cheeks and you look away. "You tease..." You mumble. 

"I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't hear that. What did you say?" He flashes another cheeky smile at you.