Can You Hear Me? Pt.5

"Finally..." You breathed out with a sigh of relief as the last exam leaves your fingertips.

Now it was finally break and not a moment too soon. You were bursting at the seams to see your soulmate.

"It's noon, you should be done with your exam by now. Soooo how did it go? Did you do amazing as always? I bet because you're basically a genius." Johnny bursts into your head talking a mile a minute.

Speak of the devil.

You laugh at him and stretch your arms as you walk back to your apartment to pack. "I dunno. I felt like I did decent but we'll see in a few days once grades get posted."

"Lemme know how you do?" He asks gently.

"Of course." You respond back. You found it really sweet how invested Johnny was in your education. He was like your own personal cheerleader, constantly rooting for you on the sidelines and always giving positive words of encouragement. Somedays you felt like you didn't deserve him.

You can feel the warmth of Johnny's smile as he says, "Thank you babe." Then he hops to the next topic. "Have you eaten yet?"

Reaching for your building's door knob, you twist it open. "No not yet. I was too nervous. But I'll eat after I pack with Maeve. I need to say goodbye to her before I leave for home." You let him know your plans before he can mother hen you for not eating. He was also VERY invested in your health, both physical and mental.

"Ahh okay good. Make sure you eat." He says in a caring tone before gasping. "Oh snap, my exam is in like 10 minutes. Gotta go babe. I'll talk to you after if you have time?"

You nod as you pull your suitcase out and begin to fold things to pack. "Of course, you know where I'll be. Good luck on your exam! Do great!" You send him a feeling of encouragement down the bond.

He chuckles softly. "Thanks baby. Love you." Then he's gone.

In two weeks you'll see Johnny. Johnny Suh. Your soulmate. Your boyfriend too technically. Two weeks. You couldn't wait.

Now that you didn't need to focus anymore for finals, your mind was all over the place never being still. You watched one of his YouTube videos every night and fell asleep with the image of his handsome face on your eyelids. You couldn't wait to hug him and touch him and kiss him.

Clutching the shirt you were folding to your chest, you squealed a little.

"Well someone is happy." A voice outside of your head makes you open your eyes. It was your best friend.

"Maeve! You're done with your exam already?" You try to change the subject as heat creeps into your cheeks and tips of your ears making you red.

Maeve laughs at your weak attempt. "Yeah, I finished early. It wasn't too hard." She gestures to your red cheeks. "Johnny say something?"

You laugh her comment and continue to fold the shirt you were previously clutching to your chest. "No he's taking an exam right now. I'm excited because break is here and I can finally go see him." You smile brightly at your friend.

She shakes her head and smiles back at you. "My Lord you are head over heels for him." You can feel your cheeks heating back up.

"Is it that obvious?"