6: Mikey X Reader

"6:🧡 That's how she protected herself"

In the lair near the skate ramps at 7 pm...

(Y/N) sits by the skate ramps holding on to one of Mikey's art bags while Mikey gets the other one in another room. They scroll through their phone waiting for him until Leo waves his hand in front of (Y/N)'s screen.

"Hello Leo..." (Y/N) said continuing to scroll down their social media not paying attention to the blue bandana turtle.

Leo frowned at (Y/N)'s reaction and walked away unamused leaving Raph by (Y/N)'s side.

"So (Y/N), you and Mikey going to another spot to draw for the day?" Raph asked.

Still not looking away from their phone, they gave a thumbs up as a response.

"Okay then... Well... Have fun out there with Mikey!" Raph said as he left (Y/N) going to the living room.

Mikey finally stepped out of the room with the other bag around his shell while carrying two sketch books. (Y/N) looked at their screen to see Mikey behind them and stood up facing toward him.

"You don't need anything else Mikey?" (Y/N) asked.

"Nope! Sorry that today might be a shorter rendezvous considering the time right now." Mikey said.

"It's fine Mikey... Some time is better than none..." (Y/N) said.

"Thanks (Y/N)." Mikey said as the two teens head by the living room.

"We're leaving now but I'll be back by 10, Raph!" Mikey said.

(Y/N) spot the other three turtles and nodded as they walk with Mikey out of the lair.

Two turtles sigh in relief while Donnie speaks up.

"I don't get why you two are bothered by (Y/N), just be happy that Mikey has an art friend he could talk to." Donnie said.

"We're not bothered by (Y/N), it's just-"

"It's just that (Y/N) might be waiting for the opportunity to crush Mikey's spirits if they decide to criticize his art work." Leo said after interrupting Raph.

"Half of that and they're kind of uncaring at times..." Raph said.

"Not to Mikey and I though. They'll slowly warm up to you two if you approach them differently. Not sure for Leo's case..." Donnie said after shrugging.

Leo rolled his eyes at Donnie's last statement.

"They act more like you Donnie..." Leo said glaring at Donnie.

"Can't confirm that but they're more passionate about the art so they're more content with Mikey." Donnie said.

Raph had doubts about (Y/N) when Mikey accidentally met them for the first time by his lonesome and his big brother senses warn him about stuff like this.

"Donnie, can you check up on those two with your app around 9:30? I feel like Mikey might get annoyed at us if we showed up at their usual place." Raph said.

"Like the solo mission Mikey did after getting the Lou Jitsu: Hot Soup the Game." Leo said.

Raph face palmed at Leo's memory of remembering that event.

"I already set a timer before the two left so we're just standing by in the mean time." Donnie said as he shows his brothers the timer counting down.

________________________________________________________

Near an empty playground around 9:25 pm...

Mikey almost completes a drawing in his sketch book while (Y/N) gazes at the night sky. One of the few places in New York where there's actually a few stars to view around this time. After (Y/N) turned around to face Mikey, they saw the finished product on his sketchbook as Mikey holds his sketchbook toward them. The sketch illustrated (Y/N)'s side profile with a smiling expression looking above their friend Mikey while he holds fragments appearing to be stars of various shapes and sizes.

"I'm guessing you're going to use this sketch as a reference for tomorrow's spray painting display." (Y/N) said while smiling at Mikey.

Mikey clings on to his closed sketchbook slightly scratching his face.

"Heheh... I hope you don't mind being the inspiration of this sketch though (Y/N)." Mikey said with a slight blush on his face.

"I'm fine with that. Besides... At least you have something." (Y/N) said as they show Mikey their sketchbook with today's drawings.

Their sketchbook was filled with doodles of Mikey along with his brothers. One scribble caught Mikey's attention; it was a mini version of (Y/N) holding a large heart behind their back while the other Mikey was decorating a cake. Before Mikey was about to mention that specific doodle, (Y/N) instantly closed their sketchbook after realizing they forgot to erase it. Both of the teens were blushing red and looked away after the shocking awareness of their feelings for each other. After a few minutes of silence, (Y/N) addresses an issue to Mikey.

"I have a suspicion your other brothers Raph and Leo don't approve of me since I don't respond to them the same way I do with you and Donnie..." (Y/N) said now looking at Mikey.

Mikey looked at his friend with concern.

"Are there times when my criticisms are harsh Mikey? Please answer honestly..." (Y/N) said worriedly.

Mikey never saw this side of (Y/N) but he maintained a cool head for his friend's well being.

"Most of your criticisms helped me a lot whenever art block started appearing. Plus I've used some of it redrawing old content from the previous years. Although I wished you had more visual examples instead of winging the concept but anyway..."

"Those two are definitely have an appointment with Dr. Delicate Touch for upsetting (Y/N)!" Mikey said.

(Y/N) loosen up their tense stance and breaths a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for being so honest Mikey." (Y/N) said then proceeding to give him a kiss on his cheek.

The tails on Mikey's orange bandana flare up as he starts to stumble while imaginary hearts appear around his head. (Y/N) quickly catches Mikey before he falls and giggles at him.

________________________________________________________

Back to the lair at 9:35 pm...

As the three turtles look at the security feed near the playground, Donnie turns off his tech wrist and gets up.

"Enjoy your time with Dr Delicate Touch's hearing tomorrow! A potential predicament would occur if you two don't show up..." Donnie said while gloating his way to his room.

Raph and Leo both feel a sweat drop on their masks.

________________________________________________________

5/10 chapters completed (half way there yay ^ w ^)

Whenever Mikey's pissed off that same anger reminds me of Popuko (Pop Team Epic)

The episode "Pizza Pit" is a good example of that lol

As always leave criticisms or comments