4: April X Reader

"4: Took on totally different personalities 💛"

In the lair at 5 pm...

"I really don't your need help guys, especially when I'm confessing my feelings to April today..." (Y/N) said covering their face with their hands.

"You sure (Y/N)?" Raph said while holding a yellow teddy bear he and (Y/N) made at the Teddy Bear Town for (Y/N) give to April.

"Wouldn't it give away the surprise if (Y/N) just gives one of the gifts to her..." Leo added.

"But you know (Y/N) won't look at April when they do that Leo. Ah... just like those classic anime scenarios..." Donnie said.

(Y/N) scowled at Donnie's comments and folded their arms.

"You have bad taste in anime Donnie, since you're into that." (Y/N) said.

"Scoff! I only have interest in the older anime for the science fiction aspects." Donnie said.

"He actually started watching 'Fortuitous Prospect' yesterday. And the lilac girl with twin tails is his favorite." Leo blurted out.

"Hey!" Donnie yelled.

Mikey climbed onto Raph's shell and begins to speak.

"Let's try on focusing on this matter and not start another anime debate for (Y/N)'s sake guys." Mikey said.

Everyone agreed with Mikey and the topic switched back to (Y/N).

"Ugh... I don't have time for this! I appreciate your concern guys but, I can handle this on my own-" (Y/N) said starting to walk out of the lair until they spot April near by.

April walks in and waves hello to the five teens. Mikey recognized that (Y/N) was frozen stiff and steps in front of them to save his friend.

"Can you wait in the living room for a few minutes April? (Y/N) just needs to check on something and they'll be ready to go." Mikey said. 

"Oh sure! I don't mind! We still have plenty of time before the event starts, take your time (Y/N)." April said as she heads toward the living room.

(Y/N) loosen their tense shoulders and looked back at Mikey.

"Thanks... I owe you one Mikey." (Y/N) sighed.

"You're welcome! I know you said you can handle this but..." Mikey said rubbing his neck.

"Fine... But be careful. All of you." (Y/N) said.

The four turtles did a silent cheer as (Y/N) walks over to the living room. April sits in one of the smaller bean bags and looks up from her phone to hear (Y/N)'s footsteps.

"You ready (Y/N)?" April asked.

"We might be early but its better than being in a crowd last minute." (Y/N) said.

"Especially in a city like New York." April said standing up from her seat.

When the two teens exited the lair, the four turtles got their disguises on and Leo wearing a casual outfit sets up the plan.

"Operation: Help (Y/N) Reveal Their feelings to April is now in motion!" Leo said.

The other three turtles nod in response as they traveled inside the turtle tank.

________________________________________________________

Near a park around 8 pm...

(Y/N) and April stroll around the various vendors located inside the park. The two stop to rest near a fountain. On the other side, Mikey sees the two and crouches down not to be seen by (Y/N) while he wore a track suit with sunglasses as his disguise. He texts his brothers about the situation.

________________________________________________________

Mikey: Mango Mikey is A-OK! The two are by the fountain and I'll definitely draw a scene like this when we get home. So cute! How are things at your end Ube Donnie?

Donnie: I got rid of all of the cosplay wizards around the park. Funny that you mentioned ube Mikey, because I bought some after taking care of the last wizard. The desserts being an ube buchi when this mission is complete after we get pizza for dinner.

Mikey: I see them moving now! And they're heading to where you're at Dragon Fruit Raph! Heads up!

________________________________________________________

Raph got Mikey's message and carries the present with the yellow teddy bear with him finding a place to hide from (Y/N). Not wanting to blend with the crowd, he decided to pretend taking a picture near an empty table placing the present on top of it.

April noticed that the person wearing a teddy bear hoodie with ears looked familar and tilted her head at (Y/N).

"He seems familiar, we know that guy (Y/N)?" April asked.

(Y/N) blinked and pushes April away adding on the subject.

"Nope! I've seen a lot of people wearing that exact hoodie before I checked the park at lunch time!" (Y/N) said continuing to push April out of Raph's sight.

Raph broke out of his picture stance and sighs in relief while texting Leo.

________________________________________________________

Raph: Blueberry Leo! You're near the large tree where (Y/N) first met April, are you?

Leo: Yep! I temporarily blocked Donnie because he's bound to make a sakura tree reference if he took this spot.

Raph: Unblock him after we get home or you won't get your share on the desserts.

Leo: Ok ok ok! The two are here now! brb

________________________________________________________

Leo sits up on one of the branches above the large tree and observes the two teens. (Y/N) is in the process of admitting their new feelings to April while she listens to (Y/N)'s words.

"I'm beginning to like you more than a friend April... " (Y/N) said looking down away from April's sight.

"To be honest... I feel the same way too" April said now embracing their partner with a warming hug

(Y/N) blushes after April's hug and replies back hugging their new girlfriend.

Leo smiles contently at the new couple. However, while trying to get down from the tree, one of the fragile branches break and the clumsy turtle falls out of the tree.

"(Land safely...)" Leo whispered after landing on the ground.

(Y/N) and April let go of the hug and they turn to notice him.

"Are you serious Leo?!" (Y/N) yelled.

Leo slowly got up and put his hands in his pocket pants.

"Just be glad Donnie wasn't there or he would have quoted a sakura tree reference." Leo said.

"He would do that though..." April said now holding onto (Y/N)'s hand.

(Y/N) continues to blush some more and turns toward Leo.

"Just tell your brothers you guys did a good job and don't bother us for the rest of today." (Y/N) said.

Leo just gives (Y/N) a thumbs up as a response while (Y/N) shakes their head. April giggles at (Y/N) and the couple walks away from Leo.

Being the first one back to the turtle tank, he waits on his brothers to tell the mission was a success.

________________________________________________________

7/10 chapters completed

The lilac girl with twin tails that I referenced is Kagami from Lucky Star (even the parody anime title mentioned here is that too lol)

If you google what ube is I'm dead serious it's an actual purple yam so its fitting for that purple turtle to use a codename

As always leave criticisms or comments