Chapter 2

Kion POV
Kion woke up inside some king of cage. His leg had white wrappings on it as well as his head. Kion clawed at the cage.
"Hey buddy don't do that you are safe here" said a Mongoose.
"Yeah I tried the same thing and it didn't work" said a velvet monkey.

"Where am I"

"Where am I".
"You my friend are in a human animal care facility" said the mongoose.
"What are humans".
"Those guys".
I looked up and the hairless monkeys were walking around the area near me. I slicked back as a defense.
"Calm down they won't hurt you, in fact they healed your head and leg there kid" said the vervet.
"Who are you guys".
"Well I am Duma" said the mongoose.
"And I am Adolfo" said the monkey "and your name definitely not Red, and yours".
"Kion, who calls me red".
"The humans you see they can't understand us but we can understand them so they give you a name to remember you by Kion" said Duma.
"Did you say Kion, well them you must be Simba's boy I knew I had seen that mark before".
"You know my dad".
"Yeah I come from the pride lands too but I was injured and brought here by those caring humans".
"I need to get back there I get that the humans will be a danger to the pridelands".
"Well kid I will tell you now that you are a long ways away from the pridelands".
"How far".
"Several hundred miles north, right now we are in Egypt the pridelands are south in Kenya".
"And Kid you aren't going to go anywhere with that damaged leg and head of yours" said Duma.
"But".
"Dont worry the humans will let us go eventually they usually do".
From around the corner of the area came a younger human. He was probably a young adult(in his 20s) his skin was a pale color and his head fur was brown. He walked in with a wierd bag like thing full of small pointed objects. He was headed straight for me.
"Kid don't worry he is only trying to heal you, his name is Kev" said Duma.
Kev opened my cage and I stayed very still.
"Okay little one please don't bite me I just want to heal you" said Kev.
"Okay" I said
"Another thing kid we understand them but they can't understand us" said Duma.
"Oh okay". He unwrapped the material from my legs and placed some kind of liquid there then rewrapped them.
"Quite a nasty bite and bruise you got there little guy, don't worry it will heal in no time" said Kev.
"Then what happens Duma".
"Well the other humans may want to keep you here in the you safe from what happened before".
"But the humans are moving into the pride I have to get back".
"Well Kev is not like the others, he has been wanting to set the animals free to return them to the wild".
"Why hasn't he".
"Because he could risk his time with us".
Kev grabbed some flat objects with bones on them that were laying on a wooden rectangle.
"Oh my well Red it looks like your injuries are more severe than I thought why didn't they tell me". He ran out of the room.
"Well kid you are going to be here for awhile" said Adolfo
I sighed "I hope everyone is okay".

Fuli POV
It has been a few days since Kion's passing. King Simba has been more stern about things and Nala was behind him. I still blamd myself even though Simba and Nala don't but I could have saved him but I kept running. The lionesses cried. It made angry, they act like they were close to him when they weren't. I kept a feeling deep down inside me. I loved him but I could never act on that because I am a cheetah and he was a lion. I will miss him, I don't think I will ever stop. A tear ran down my face as I fell asleep.

Kion POV
The next day
I waste out my cage by Kev this morning. I was going to run but I could barely stand on my bad leg and my head spun.
"Well Red I don't think you are going to run for awhile" said Kev.
When he opened the door to let us out of the into the world. Behind the door was a small area of grass and trees. Duma, Adolfo, and I entered the area. It was better than that cage I was in. We spent the rest of the day there. I had fun goofing around with Duma and Adolfo. I had a feeling that I rarely had in the pridelands, it is fun. Maybe I would stay here as long as possible. The three of us laid down under a small rock.
"So kid not all humans are bad" said Duma.
"Yeah I guess so, hey Adolfo.." I turned to him. The vervet monkey was fast asleep.
"Goodnight Fuma".
"Goodnight kid".