Chapter 3

Kion POV
2 years later Kion is now 4 years old or 18 in human years. The events of LK2 have happened. Kion's main grows different than Simba's. The top part is slicked back down his spine stopping just at the base of his neck. There is less hair on his throat than his head.

 There is less hair on his throat than his head

Some time has past since I have been here. I learned the difference between humans like Kev and like those digging holes in our land. It has been a long while since thought about home. My leg feels like it did before the fall and bite. I almost don't want to leave. Duma and Adolfo have become my best friends during the time I was here. Like every morning Kev comes in with a weird type foods for each of us except Adolfo his food is just fruit. I woke up on my back as usual. Duma and Adolfo are back. Duma sleeping in a ball and Adolfo loosely laying on a branch. Kev walked up and set our food down at the entrance of the cave. All three of us shoot up.
"Well good morning you three. How are my odd group of buddies doing today" said Kev.
Kev finds it weird that I am friends with  a mongoose and monkey but living with prey animals like Bunga and Ono I don't eat them. My food is some kind of meat like food but not meat. Kev lower himself to meet my eyes.
"Well Red your major leg and head injury is perfectly healed you leave now buddy" he said. He said it in a sad tone. Over the past days and nights that I have been here him and have been good friends even though I can't speak to him. Humans that aren't Kev fear me but he doesn't. He walked away.
"Kid you can finally return to your pride".
"Yeah but where will you guys go".
"We are going be apart of their reserve" said Duma
"I don't know Duma being out of here would be nice" said Adolfo.
"But where will we go Adolfo we haven't been out of here for a long time ".
"You guys can come with me" I said.
"Well Duma what do have to loose".
"Sure kid we will go or should I say man, you are an adult now".
"I am aren't I".
Kev came back with a small shiny smooth rock object that meant that he going to travel in his mystical rock thing. Duma and Adolfo climbed onto my back signifying that they were going to.
"You guys want go with him don't you, well I don't see why you can't come let's go".
We lead into cages in the back of his travel rock.
"Sit tight kid a drive from Egypt to Kenya will take awhile". We talked about things with the reserve as we traveled. Kev stopped some place to rest for the night.
"Kid didn't you say humans were a danger to the pridelands" said Duma.
"Yeah why".
"Well maybe we could get Kev to help".
Duma was right maybe he could help. The trick was getting him to go with us. The next day we started early even before I was awake.

Simba POV
Making Kovu and Kiara as my successors makes me feel old or like I am dying but I still have a few years as king left in me. Every day I still think of Kion's death. It haunts me like my fathers. Nala touched her nose to mine.
"Hey you're thinking of Kion again aren't you".
"Yeah I was". She lay down next to me.
We sat in silence for awhile. We most fell asleep when Kiara and Kovu came.
"Mom Dad those creatures are getting closer to the rock, in the next few days they will be on us".
"All right let's go check it out".
The four of us and Zazu went to look. Those up walking creatures were making more holes in our land. They were killing any animals that crossed their paths. If we didn't deal with them soon they would take us over.
"Simba what do we do about this" said Nala
"I don't know, probably prepare everyone to be ready to move out of this area".
"You mean leave the pridelands".
"Yes I am afraid we no other choice if we fight them we will die for now we need to keep a look out to see if they get any closer".
"We can help with that" said two voices. I turned to see Fuli and Bunga were standing there waiting for an answer. They had grown since they were last the lion guard and the others were here but they were still the same.
"Are sure you guys are up for it".
"No problem we will keep them back" said Bunga.
"Okay then you guys will monitor their movements for now we need to go prepare everyone".
"I can help them" said Kovu.
Kovu went along with Fuli and Bunga.