Chapter 5

Kion POV
Duma and Adolfo were singing a a weird song now. It was about lions sleeping in the jungle. We were very close to pride rock now. Duma and Adolfo's singing stopped when two lions walked in front of us.
"Are you lost friend because a rogue like you might cause suspicion in the pridelands".
It was mom and dad. I hadn't seen them in so long I was speechless.
"Wait Simba that mark" said mom. I had almost forgotten the mark of the lion guard.
"Kion.. is that you".
"It is".
My parents embraced me. Their son thought long to be dead has returned.
"Where have you been all this time son" said Simba.
"When I fell down the hole I was brought to sacred place to heal. My leg and head where injured pretty bad they weren't fully healed until awhile ago. I was a long ways away".
"Who healed you".
Just as she said that Kev appeared from the bushes whispering to himself.
"Must be his family".
My mom and dad were ready to attack him.
"Wait he not here to hurt us he is with me".
Kev stepped back a little and grabbed his hip.
"One of those creatures is with you" said Simba.
"Yes he is who healed me, I brought him here to try and stop the other humans from destroying our land".
"Humans?"
I then explained the whole situation to them. Kev gradually came closer to us. I looked towards him and assured him everything was ok.
"So we can understand him but he can't us" said Simba
"Yeah".
"What's he doing". He was marking in notebook again.
"Humans like to observe" I noticed Duma and Adolfo "oh these two are a couple of tag alongs who helped me get back Duma the mongoose and Adolfo the vervet monkey".
"Your majesties" said Adolfo as he bowed "bow Duma".
"Oh right".
"Hello you two".
"Adolfo here knows Timon and Pumbaa".
"That's correct, when I was a child they helped me find my back to parents, it took a few weeks but they helped me find them. They told me Hakuna Matata to key go of my worries".
"Yeah those two are something else" said Simba.
"I'll say" said Nala.
I noticed Kev was looking the distance.
At the base of the hill was the two lion Cubs from yesterday cornered by a monitor lizard.
"Godo, Ora" said Nala. The Male cub tried to swat it away but it bit him and he fell to the ground. We rushed down to help. The lizard bolted.  The Male cub Godo was barely moving his back leg. I Kev pull out his medical supplies.
"Guys let Kev take care of it".
"Are you sure Kion" said Nala and Simba.
"Kev can handle it" said Duma and Adolfo
"Alright little buddy lets get this fixed" said Kev "First suck out the posion".
Kev put his mouth over the leg and sucked out the lizard venom. He spit it out away from us.
"Okay minor dislocation" he pulled out a needle.
"Okay this may sting a little but the pain should soon go away buddy".
Godo flinched a little but was soon out of it like I was.
"Okay just a little push here".
God's leg popped back into place. Kev pour some kind of liquid on the bite then wrapped to sticks around the leg to keep it straight.
"Alright he is going to be okay" he said to me knowing I understood.
"Why does Godo seem out of it" said Simba.
"It the medicine ot takes away pain but makes you a li bit tired it will wear off soon" said Duma.
"Let's Godo back to home" said Nala. She picked him up and carried him to pride rock. Kev followed us eagerly.
"Dad whose Cubs are those".
"Your sister's".
"Really, then who".
"Kovu".
"What happened while I was gone". He explained it to me.
"I sure did miss alot".
"The hole kingdom thinks you are dead".
"Dad I'm sor..."
"Don't be it wasn't your fault it was more or less the hyenas".
"But I should have stayed away from that hole".
"All that matters now is that you are okay".
When we got to pride rock Kiara and Kovu were waiting for their Godo and Ora.
"Oh my is Godo okay".
"Yeah he sure but before that Kiara welcome your brother Kion back" said Simba.
"Kion is that you but.."
"It's good to see you again Kiara, and it has been awhile Kovu".
"Welcome back Kion" said Kovu.
"Buy what happened to Godo".
"He was attacked by a monitor lizard and my human friend here healed him".
Kev continued to jot things down. The next few minutes we had to explain everything to them as well.
A few hours after returning I decided to show Duma and Adolfo around the pridelands as well as Kev. Kev was awe struck by the hole situation.
"It sure has been awhile since I was here" said Adolfo.
"I never have been here" said Duma.
"Even though I have been gone for awhile I still remember everything".
We passed by the lion guard lair. So many memories came back to me.
"I told you guys about the lion guard before right".
"A little".
"Well this is where we met".
"Who was a part of it".
"Beshte the hippo was the braun, Ono the egret was the keen of us, Bunga the honey badger was... well the bravest one of us, then there is Fuli the cheetah she was the fastest one of us. She was so fast, faster than I could ever imagine" I began remembering Fuli and special she was or is "well anyway that's it".
"Well Kion it seems that you like this Fuli a little more than a friend" said Duma.
"What no I...I" I said with a little embarrassment.
"Wait she is a cheetah right" said Adolfo.
"That's exactly why I can't love here that way".
"Why kid, I once was in a relationship with a baboon" said Adolfo.
"Yeah and I was with a meerkat" said Duma.
"Well you guys aren't part of a royal family were you have to worry how you look to other animals".
"Well kid if you love her and she feels the same then who cares, let love embrace you both".
Maybe he was right.
"Hey didn't you say it was called the lion guard right".
"Yeah".
"Then why are you the only lion".
Before I could answer I realized Kev was gone. I could hear him in the distance. I raced toward him. He was in trouble. When I got to him he was cornered by a cheetah. I pounced onto it causing us both to tumble down a hill. Once we reached the bottom I landed on my back and the cheetah was laying on top of me. Suddenly it got up moved to pin me. I noticed the mark of the lion guard on the cheetah's shoulder.
"Fuli" I said.
A look of confusion came across her face. She suddenly realized the mark on my shoulder.
"Kion" she said. She backed up a little.
I realized that she wouldn't be the same as she was before, she was an adult cheetah now but still beautiful as ever.

I moved into a sitting position. Suddenly her confused face turned into a happy face.
"Kion I...we thought you were dead". She came over to me and nuzzled her face into my shoulders. I did the same but surprised by the gesture. I felt a tear or two fall down off her face and into my chest.
"A hyena bite and a fall won't keep me down".
She pulled back.
"Where have you been all this time". I explained everything to her about Kev and how he healed me. I even mentioned Duma and Adolfo.
"So you think he will keep those creatures...other humans out of our territory".
"Maybe I have to show him first". The happiness came over her again.
"I am just glad you are okay, the prides haven't been the same without you".
"What do you mean".
"In mourning we split up the lion guard".
"Really".
"Yeah but recently some of us got back together to try and keep the humans back as long as possible, I have been leading them in your absences".
"What happened to the others".
"Beshte and Ono families left the prides due certain events such as little water a climate change due to those humans".
"Who came back".
Just then Bunga came over the hill.

"Kion is that you".
"Sure is buddy".
He seemed pretty excited but our reunion was cut short when I heard Duma call out to me.
When we got back up to Duma and Adolfo who where standing next to an unconscious Kev.
"What happened" I asked.
"Humans aren't brave if they feint from a little scare" said Fuli.
"I don't think that's the reason, back at the facility he would have wheezing fits and he would grab..." Adolfo went to his bag and grab a tube with a small button on top. He put the open end into Kevs mouth and pressed the button. For a few seconds there was nothing.
Come on Kev hang in there we still need you.
I poked at his arm with my nose.
Soon he coughed and sat up.
"Thanks little guy" he said to Adolfo as he grabbed the tube back.
"Well Red are you friends with every animal here or what" he said as he noticed Fuli and Bunga. I decided it was best to return to pride rock since it was getting dark. Duma and Adolfo and Duma started having conversations with the lion guard. Kev continued to write things down.
When we got back all the lions and lionesses of the pride were there along with other important animals to the prides. They all welcomed me back.
"Well Kion I think tomorrow you should show that human the other humans who coming for us" said Simba.
"Of course".
"Son do you really think he can help".
"Am I certain no but I would like to see if can in some way or another".
"Well for now his best place to rest for tonight is here at pride rock, don't want any hyenas or jackals to get a hold of him".
"Right" I walked over to Kev who was looking at the surroundings. I placed my mouth onto his bag and pulled it off him.
"Hey Red what are you doing".
I pulled out his sleeping cloth
"Oh you want me to sleep here but what if those lionesses..."
I shook my head no to assure him he would be okay.
"Alright bud" he said as he patted his hand on my head. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep.
I looked up and noticed Fuli motioning for me to follow her.