Chapter Four

***

Honestly, you weren't quite sure what to do or say. You couldn't just brush it off easily.

"H-how much did you see?"

Maybe he just walked in.

"All of it."

"Oh."

He seemed so blunt with it - but at least you had the truth. Still... all of it?! You soon decided the best course of action would be to just walk off, and win the damn competition.

You began to lift yourself up once more, avoiding eye contact with Todoroki. You didn't want to talk about it. You just wanted to get the hell out of there, so you began to rise again on the water. As soon as you raised yourself to the height of the building, you held your arms close to yourself. You never wanted to set foot there again, let alone see your worst moment there. Fuck!

The trophy was in sight - an easy win. However, you jumped out of the way as a large explosion was thrown towards you.

"I wouldn't have done that if I were you."

Bakugo ignored you, flying towards the trophy. You encased him in an orb of high-pressure water. However, you couldn't stay using that amount of power too long.

You see, your quirk absorbed water from your surroundings, so you couldn't do frequent high-power blasts. This reminded you of when you were younger.

You sat at a table, dreaming about what your quirk would be. It could be incredibly powerful, or just averagely strong... It was so exciting! You picked up your glass of water, ready to drink it, before you dropped it - but it didn't spill. You gasped, intrigued by the water floating in the air. Your mother came running in, seeing the glass shattered on the floor - before laughing at your look of pure joy.

You let Bakugo go after running several metres, hearing curses and explosions from behind you. You get the trophy in 3... 2... 1...

Thump.

You had collided head-on with Izuku. He immediately jumped up, apologising to you as you watched Bakugo grasp the trophy. You sighed, and smiled as Izuku kept apologising, bobbing up and down into a bow.

"It's alright Izuku... Honestly, it's completely okay. It was an accident... Additionally, I'm concerned you're going to hurt your back."

He blushed, grinning. You tried to keep your composure, however the disadvantage of your quirk was starting to take effect. Rapid dehydration shook your body. You tried not to let it show, but you soon felt your legs getting numb.

Stay calm... You can get water when you get back.

You suddenly noticed Todoroki next to you, not looking at you, but handing you a clear bottle.

"Here."

Usually, you would have just turned him down, but you felt your brain start to malfunction.

"D-don't you need it?"

"I don't need it. You look like death."

You sighed, slightly blushing.

"Thank you Todoroki."

"It's Shoto."

"Okay. Thank you Shoto."

***

You felt a lot better by the time you got back to UA. Shoto had already disappeared after he handed you the water. You still couldn't get that moment out of your head... He was so kind, and not cold to you. You found it sweet.

"(Y/N), what did I just say?"

"Sweet."

You suddenly realised what you had just said.

"Ah- I mean SinA/a = SinB/b."

"Hm... Well done. But please stop daydreaming in my lesson."

"My apoligies sensei. It won't happen again."

Anonymously, Shoto was subtly glancing at you.

"Sweet?"