Chapter Nine

***

The two of you sat on the cliff, recovering your stamina. Shoto always seemed so effortless... And yet, he was tired. You closed your eyes, steadying your breathing rate.

"How's your leg?"

You had forgotten about that. Why the hell did you decide to kick that thing? Your leg stung now, and the skin felt hot. You decided to play it down.

"Eh, its fine. We need to decide a plan of action - the water zone will give us an advantage."

"Yeah... We used to be able to just walk down the central path, but that's now a rocky mountain zone."

You nodded, thinking.

"We might be able to hide, but being able to manoeuvre in there will prove challenging."

Shoto stared intently at the water zone.

"It used to be plainer and easier to get through the water zone. Now it's deeper, and looks more... realistic. I don't mind... It's up to you."

Well, dear reader! Where will you choose to go? The water zone by the edge of the USJ, or the mountain zone down the centre? Choose your path!

*PATH ONE - WATER ZONE*

"The water zone. It may be a longer route, and we might have to enter the mountains at some point, but it's easier to get through there."

Shoto nodded in agreement.

"I agree. We'll start off by heading that way."

You both stood. You winced when having to put pressure on the would again. You started to climb down the rocky mountain side, but Shoto lowered himself on a platform of ice. You sighed. Of course he had some flashy way to get down.

"Get on."

"Huh?"

"Jump onto the platform. It'll be quicker."

You shrugged, and stepped onto the slippery ice. You both quickly ran, and you smiled at the site of the cool water. Jumping down from the platform, ignoring the pain, you dove into the water. Your skin was still warm from the hot fire zone, but you could feel yourself - and your leg - cooling down.

Soon, your leg felt a lot better. You suspended yourself in the water, noticing Shoto peacefully laying on his back in the water. You couldn't deny it - he looked adorable. You blushed, before sinking your face into the water a little. You didn't want to move, but...

"Shoto, we best get moving."

He sighed, and nodded. You were eager to return his favour.

"I'll get us over to the other side. Shoto, hold your breath."

"Wha-?"

But before he could protest, you launched both of you in a water torpedo. It was seconds before you reached the other side, grinning. Shoto still had his poker face on.

"Not bad."

He stepped out of the water, using his fire to dry himself off. You used your quirk to remove the water. You looked over at the large dome, and turned to Shoto. You brushed your hair back, before sighing.

"Time to go. Let's head to the mountain path."

However, as you started climbing the mountain, a bunch of rock-boulder creatures arose from the ground. However, you were refreshed and close to the water zone... you could do it.

*PATH TWO - MOUNTAIN ZONE*

"Mountain zone. It gives us a better battle zone - I'd love to go to the water zone, but then we're exposed."

Shoto nodded. You began to climb down the mountain, the pain in your leg arising again. You wished you could go to the water zone and cool down your injury, but you knew you had to get to the end. 

"Here."

You felt a cold sensation on your leg, and realised there was now a patch of ice on it. Numbness was slowly settling over your injury. However, a group of the creatures started to climb up the sides. You turned when you heard your name. 

"(Y/N), jump down."

You looked down. You were still very high.

"Um, have you seen the drop? No thanks."

"I'll catch you."

Damn it. The strange blushing hit you again - and a very bad case. You'd have to investigate it some more later. For now... You let go, falling backwards, before you felt the pressure of Shoto's arms. You sighed.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

You soon both landed, walking through the heated wasteland to the mountain zone. You started to climb the rocky mountains. Suddenly, you noticed some rock-boulder like monsters. You were going to have to fight - now, however, you were more stable with your numbed leg.

"Let's go, Shoto!"