Chapter Twenty-Five

Darkness. All you could see was darkness. But you could hear screams. Blood curdling screams. No matter how hard you tried to find them, all you could do was float in the void. Maybe you could figure out how you got there...? Your head ached as you remembered the Sports Festival. You were in the stands with Shoto, and then... That's right! 

You felt your head for injury. Okay - you were dreaming. No blood was to be found. Whatever had hit you in the head must have knocked you out. You had no way to tell how badly you were hurt - hopefully someone had saved you. You suddenly remembered Shoto's outstretched hand - you were reaching for him before you were knocked out. That's when a bright white door suddenly appeared, but the screaming started to double in volume. Hands now stretched out from the void. You screamed, but the darkness suffocated your voice.

Use your quirk!

Your mother's voice rung out in your head, and you quickly activated your quirk. You launched forward, straight through the door, as the creatures barely missed you. A dull pain suddenly resounded in your head, and you coughed, shooting up from your position. You turned around, realising Shoto had been holding you. You were now positioned on his lap, and his eyes were red. It seemed he had been crying.

"(Y-Y/N)?"

You put a hand to your head, nodding. You tried to ignore the slippery substance that covered part of your forehead. Suddenly, you were pulled into a hug - you sighed, returning it. You must have scared him to death. If you'd seen him like that...

Shoto slowly pulled away, before standing and helping you up. You felt a bit light-headed from the blood loss, but otherwise you were okay. You looked around - what had caused so much damage? That's when you saw it - a battle royale between the villains and pro-heros. You gritted your teeth - this was going to be a difficult fight. However, you noticed Recovery Girl running over. She was carrying lots of bags.

"(Y/N), Shoto, do you have any injuries? We need help with the victims!"

She quickly bandaged your head, before sighing.

"I'm afraid I've reached the limit of my quirk - that's the best I can do. Now, take one of these bags and see if there's any one you can help. Hurry now!"

You nodded, and the two of you ran off. You worked for about half an hour on the sidelines, helping people to safety. It was awful - people were badly injured, including children. A little boy was trying to be brave, but had a nasty gash along his arm. It made your head injury look like a mere graze. You tied it up with some bandages, and gave him some medicine. You had taken first-aid training in the boarding school - it was coming into play now.

However, the fight soon got more intense. You were having to protect yourself and many other civilians. Rubble was flying everywhere. Soon, you were struggling to avoid it. You were both doing well, until your blood froze.

Your hands were being held behind you, and Shoto was being held by the neck.

(Hola, I'm leaving for Paris for a running event tomorrow so next update will be a little delayed - Love you all!)